StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2012 650. 9900 miles. one owner with all maintenance records. has lowered seat and lowering links installed by dealer. always serviced at dealer. Guy that has it is 80 and can't ride anymore. also has aftermarket windshield. all original parts come with it. He wants $3800 Is it worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems on the low side of other bikes that age I see on craigslist.
$3500 with twice as many miles and 5 years older
Seems on the low side of other bikes that age I see on craigslist.
$3500 with twice as many miles and 5 years older
I guess i'll go ahead and get it

·
Registered
94 Posts
That's a good price, in my area at least, which is south of Raleigh NC. That'd be listed for $4500 around here.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I’d ask $2500 for my 2012 Wee, and it’s approaching 50K miles

I might not get that, but that’s prolly where I’d start

·
Registered
188 Posts
$3500 would be a nice round #, the fact that the guy is 80, low miles, dealer maintained is a perfect buy scenario. I'd pull the trigger on it if it were me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It might be listed for $4,500 but what would it sell for?

$3,800 is okay but $3,000 or $3,200 is a lot better.
Having not sold one I would expect it to go for that, or at the very bottom, $4k. The market is going for asking around here to the best of my knowledge. One of my riding friends moved to an UltraGlide from his previous 2009 Victory Cross Country. He listed the CC for sale two weeks ago at $9k. He got what he was asking. In preparing for the T7 that's on pre-order another riding friend dumped his 06 Dyna (which... looked rough to me) for $6k. That one was also asking and only took 3 weeks. Both were fairly low miles. That friend was near Knoxville. Maybe it's an east coast problem?

·
Registered
15,252 Posts
"$3,800 is okay but $3,000 or $3,200 is a lot better."

Yeah, but you are used to hosing silly boys with GS's. Be nice to the old guy. Meds to stay alive at that age are expensive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe it's an east coast problem?
Dealers here in Florida struggling to get inventory driving up showroom used prices, and washing over to private party sales. My neighbor bought an '07 GS two months ago that he now wants gone fast as he had a close call last week. Tried to talk him out of it but it is what it is, told him not to give it away on craigslist I may be interested.

I hope you picked up that 2012 650, that is a good price.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
The 07 R1200GS is a very good year. It is unique as it was post servo brakes and pre ESA suspension (optional).

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I’d ask $2500 for my 2012 Wee, and it’s approaching 50K miles

I might not get that, but that’s prolly where I’d start
Yeah mine has 50k miles on it too. Probably maybe get $2200 for it. :censored:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I sold my 2012 for $4k. It was crazy loaded with good stuff but it had 65k hard earned miles on it. This seems like a good deal to me. I may offer a little bit less because I wouldn't want it lowered but if it's super clean you won't be unhappy. Of course I'd be happy with HokiesRWee's offer above of $2500 for a 50k bike. These things will run forever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If the mods and farkles are to your liking go ahead and buy it. I have 2005 DL650 with 59K with the lower seat and bones. I'm 75 so I guess I have 5 or so more years left to ride.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If the mods and farkles are to your liking go ahead and buy it. I have 2005 DL650 with 59K with the lower seat and bones. I'm 75 so I guess I have 5 or so more years left to ride.
Only 80, and the guy can't ride no more? WTF? I rode until I was 95, with one eye and a wooden leg. Kids these days!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts