StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Stromtrooper "newbie" looking to ride again after 10 yrs away. looking at 08 DL1000 w/ 19k, Pelican luggage, guards, new brakes, tires, custom seat, and other goodies for $6000. original owner and 30% of mileage done in one x-country trip. Never been down and pretty clean. Not many of these used Stroms in Upstate NY so I don't know if waiting for the best deal will help.

Please advise.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hi All
Stromtrooper "newbie" looking to ride again after 10 yrs away. looking at 08 DL1000 w/ 19k, Pelican luggage, guards, new brakes, tires, custom seat, and other goodies for $6000. original owner and 30% of mileage done in one x-country trip. Never been down and pretty clean. Not many of these used Stroms in Upstate NY so I don't know if waiting for the best deal will help.

Please advise.
You may wait out the entire season...if you like it, and they are tough to find in your area, go for it.

Does not sound too too out of line, and maybe you can negotiate some extra $$ off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
negotiating price not successful as owner proud of his machine and knows it's value. Nice guy and I respect that. Never bought anything at initial asking price so this may be a 1st. Throwing in a helmet, all original 'accessorized' parts , and will go over general maintanence procedures w/ me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
BUY IT!

According to Edmunds, $6000 is a really good price for an '08 in the condition you described.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How about a 2005?

I'm selling my 2005 1000, showroom condiation ( see market place post) with only 3600 miles for 5400 but if you want a little newer w/ 19k and Pelicans it doesn't sound like too bad a deal.....

·
Registered
522 Posts
$6,000 is a very fair price

I see nothing at all wrong with the asking price. Yeah, we'd all like to buy as cheap as we can, but when someone prices things fairly there is no reason to beat the guy up. Go for it and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for everyone's input. I confirmed to purchase today and will pick up bike in a week when lein clears from title. Can't wait to get the V-Strom passion that the Stromtroopers have. Looking forward to lots of adventure riding. I'll be in touch.

·
Registered
522 Posts
You won't regret this purchase. The Vee is one darn fine bike! I think you also got a good deal on it as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts