StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Money's a bit tight and the wee-strom might need to go, but finding the right price is difficult. I've done the usual check around bikesales and the local dealers without learning a lot.

What would be a fair price to advertise my 2008 DL650 ABS 28,000km w/ full Givi gear (top-box, panniers, mono-lock), plus Pro-Oiler, plus Oxford Grips, plus H&B crash bars, plus Motech bash plate.

Never dropped. Always serviced. Looks good. Rides good.

Non-comical replies would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
DO NOT turn this into a bike for sale thread.

General comments only about the value. No public queries about buying it and no public info about selling. If it turns into a sales thread it will be deleted instantly.

My gut feeling is $6-7k but prices will start falling very soon with the 2012 on the showroom floor. I have already spoken with two dealers who have said they will be offering less for trades as they still have unsold 2011 models plus there is a large level of interest for trading 2006-2009 models on new 2012 units.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DO NOT turn this into a bike for sale thread.
Good advice. I won't do that.

My gut feeling is $6-7k but prices will start falling very soon with the 2012 on the showroom floor.
I thought that might be the case. Even then, $6k is lower than I expected. :-(

What are your thoughts on selling the bike+gear as a job lot, or stripping the bike and selling the gear separately? My (limited) understanding is that gear doesn't normally add any value to the sale.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Generally you will get more for the gear by itself than it will add to the value of the bike but you never know you might not even sell the bike with the gear off wheat with the gear on it might be attractive to a buyer.
I would work out what the gear is worth to you and deci whether you can be bothered with the extra hassle of trying to sell it by itself.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
nhand42,

I reckon if the bike is in very good nick and with those accessories makes it very attractive for someone who just can't justify spending $12-14K new so with that in mind and only 28,000 kms, I reckon you could get between $8-8.5 grand for it.

I bought my weestrom from a dealer only a few weeks ago, it had 25,000kms on the clock and had centerstand, R-jays topbox, solid aluminium bashplate, side crashbars, hand guards and a staintune exhaust (sounds gooood).
it's a K7 2007 model with 4 months rego left on it and is immaculate condition and I got it for $8,000 down from $9,000 they had it advertised. Actually I nearly missed out on it as a bloke bought it the Saturday before but he couldn't raise the required 9K so they notified me that it was again available.
My favourite wee-strom colour too...cherry red (or whatever they call it)
It was still in showroom condition...previous owner really looked after it and all services were done on time.

I'm absolutely rapt with this bike and am happy with the value it represents so don't sell it short.....advertise it for somewhere just under 9K negotiable (say maybe $8,700) if it's in very good condition.
if it's a bit of a roughy.....that's a different story.

Having those extras on it may be a good carrot for someone who wants something already set up. For a New 2012 wee-strom, it'll be about $12,200 on road plus all the other stuff which seems to be an extra $1500-2,000 worth.

I've seen the new Strom and I wouldn't trade mine in on one.

Cheers

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts