StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So what is a far price for a 2007 non-ABS with 17k miles? See sig for farkles.

So far I have a low ball offer of $3600. I am going to see what the dealership will give me, betting more like 3k from them. I know this group will have a better understanding of what the fair market value is. Just looking for what you have seen and think is fair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24qOkj1e-zs

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I have the same bike. If it died tomorrow, I'd come pay you $4k cash for yours (if you accepted) the next day and drive it home.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'd have to agree with everyone else. $4K is a fair price for it. Your asking price isn't outrageous either, as long as you are willing to negotiate.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I paid $3,180 for an 06 with 5K miles in Oct, with no Farkles, so 3.8-4K would be good, this time of year if your motivated to selll and have an offer of 36 might try and get 38 but 36 might be the best offer for awhile.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I agree with most here. If you aren't getting the bites you want, maybe lower your asking price to under $4,500, and be prepared to take $4k as your basement amount. That would seem like a fair deal to me.

Remember, Spring is pretty close, especially as you are in TN. The buyers will come. Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For what it's worth, I just bought my 2008 Wee with 29K miles on it for $4500. This is in California, though, where they tend to be a bit more expensive. It has the following farkles: SW Motech crash bars, Givi Monokey side and top rack with the relocator to move the top case mount further back. It also has a nautilus horn (wow, that sucker is loud), new front tire, Givi E52 top case (no side cases), 12V outlet, 4 different windscreens, Madstat bracket, LED tail lamp. I think that's pretty much it. Hope that helps you. I think yours is priced well at $4600, and I would have likely offered you $4200 for it, and been willing to pay up to $4400.

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Before I read any of the replies, I said no more than 4K. It does look nice and clean. Has it had its valves checked and is the chain original?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Valves checked by local dealer and original chain.

All in all it seems like $3800-$4000 is the fair estimate. I appreciate all the replies. It really helps round out my idea of value.

Before I read any of the replies, I said no more than 4K. It does look nice and clean. Has it had its valves checked and is the chain original?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I live closer to you and payed $3800 for my '07 this past spring. It didn't have all the farkles you have but did have Givi E-41 Keyless bags on it. Had less miles than yours too, 8K but the chain was rusted and the windscreen looked like someone had sandblasted it. Feel I payed a fair price for it.

·
Premium Member
Former 2x DL650 owner; moved onto Super Tenere ES
522 Posts
I agree that $4000 is a fair price for this time of year (+/-200). If I were you I would not take $3600 unless it is on a trade (which means you pay less tax on the new bike) or unless you keep all the Givi luggage.

·
Registered
177 Posts
So what is a far price for a 2007 non-ABS with 17k miles? See sig for farkles.

So far I have a low ball offer of $3600. I am going to see what the dealership will give me, betting more like 3k from them. I know this group will have a better understanding of what the fair market value is. Just looking for what you have seen and think is fair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24qOkj1e-zs
This makes me sick - my K7 ABS Wee has less miles and more farkles than yours and that's all it's worth!? Aarghhh!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sold the bike to a very nice guy who is going to appreciate it. It sold for $4k, so I was happy as it was more than trade in for sure.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone for the help, made me feel comfortable in selling at the price I was asking. I know it was a good deal for the buyer and we are both happy. Just sad seeing being ridden off down the street. :var_36:

So now... what to buy next!!! :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts