StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all,

When time came to replace my Nolan helmet, I went the way of the LS2 Strobe modular. It has everything my old helmet has: quick release strap, internal sun shield. A big plus is the metal face shield retaining system.

I went for a 200 mile ride yesterday and though it is noisy (as most modulars), not as much as the Nolan and as comfortable. All in all, pretty good helmet for the price.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good day to all,

When time came to replace my Nolan helmet, I went the way of the LS2 Strobe modular. It has everything my old helmet has: quick release strap, internal sun shield. A big plus is the metal face shield retaining system.

I went for a 200 mile ride yesterday and though it is noisy (as most modulars), not as much as the Nolan and as comfortable. All in all, pretty good helmet for the price.
I bought a LS2 Stream to replace my HJC CL-10 and love it! It is Titanium colored so it matches my 2015 DL650A perfectly!

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
How quiet is it? I have a cheapo Bilt Apollo, fits perfect, very comfortable, but seems a bit noisy(wind). This is my first full face and first modular, so I have nothing to compare it with.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
You'd be amazed at how quiet your helmet would be with some proper ear plugs. Ya wanna avoid long term hearing loss.
Hard to do that with bluetooth earbuds in & streaming tunes all the time. When the wind is "wrong" I just turn the music off since I can't hear it worth a crap even all the way up.

·
Administrator
16,596 Posts
I can't buy a helmet without knowing 110% it fits.........did you try the LS2 out before you bought it?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, bought it online so I took a chance. I find it true to size according to my measurements. Ordered a large and fits snug with no pressure points after a couple of hours of wearing it.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
A far as streaming tunes goes, You must not like being with yourself and your thoughts.
There are noise canceling technology head sets that pilots use. I'm not sure the magic involved but i know it isn't over powering the wind noise with a louder version of your favorite Heavy Metal Band.
Normal aging will provide less hearing on it's own.
I whacked my head in a crash and cracked the back of the helmet and suffered some hearing loss. The ear Dr said that was typical when whacking one's head.
Any loud noise will eventually diminish your hearing.
I believe the artist Sting has confessed to being a bit deaf from his own performances.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
I might have killed two birds....ordered this noise cancelling headset for $19.49 shipped:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LMNY70M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bass is fantastic, something my Motorola Buds did not have. Volume is also higher and the noise cancelling seems to work pretty good(driving diesel tractor around today). Anyway, a headset is my solution to keep my pea brain occupied so it does not take a nap and I end up plastering a bridge abutment......lol.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I owned ls2 for about 15 seconds. Just enough to pull it out of the box, put it on then take off, package and send it back.

Looked like well made and great value. Unfortunately it is designed for long oval head and mine is round oval. It was like medieval torture device, like someone took the back of my head and put it in vice. YMMV

1 - 16 of 16 Posts