StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
13,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've wondered this for a while: What happens when you press the starter button when the motor is already on? I know in cars without the key interlock you will hear a terrible grinding noise as the gears try to engage, but on the bikes it just seems to turn off the headlight.

Are the electronics preventing engagement? Is the engaging of the starter done in a different way? Is there harm done? If not, can this be a way to temporarily turn of the headlights (ie: when letting a transport truck know it is okay to change lanes.)

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Hi All,

I've wondered this for a while: What happens when you press the starter button when the motor is already on? I know in cars without the key interlock you will hear a terrible grinding noise as the gears try to engage, but on the bikes it just seems to turn off the headlight.

Are the electronics preventing engagement? Is the engaging of the starter done in a different way? Is there harm done? If not, can this be a way to temporarily turn of the headlights (ie: when letting a transport truck know it is okay to change lanes.)

Thanks,

Tom

unlike a cage, the starter gear is always engaged, even when the engine is running, it's just freewheelin if the engine is turning it faster than the starter does

no harm hitting the starter when the engine is running AFIK

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'll do just that in order to flash the headlight on/off. As long as you don't have the clutch pulled in the starter will not run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts