StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 seems to be missing the preload adjustment knob. I cannot seem to find where you could pick one of these up to add it to the bike (googled the heck out of it). Does anyone know where one would find one of these to put on the bike?

Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Wheel Steering wheel

·
Registered
528 Posts
Have you checked either the dealer or one of the online stores that sell OEM parts like Partzilla?
Otherwise, maybe find something that would work in a hardware store. ACE hardware has come in handy many times for me and some of those folks can come up with something that you may not have thought of.

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,870 Posts
It is not shown as an individual part but is part of the shock absorber so will not be available separately.
Follow ratbikerandy's advice to see if you can find anything that might fit. If I remember correctly it is just a square shaft like you would find on a tap etc.

Reactions: Gert

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Steal it off of someone elses bike? 😁

Yeah, it's not available as a separate part. Check fleabay for a OEM shock. Get the cheapest one and use the knob.

Or try and make one yourself. Red green show for advice!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you missing just the knob or do you not have a preload adjuster? If you don't have a preload adjuster then you have an after market shock that doesn't have a remote adjuster.
This is what I have. It appears to be just missing the knob.
Light Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Gas

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,870 Posts
Yes, with a thread in the middle for its securing screw.
The screw is an M5x10 with a JIS head, not that the head type matters.
The washer is OD 20mm, ID 6 mm.

The most important measurement is the shaft, hexagonal with the six faces 14 mm apart.
Overall the knob is 54 mm in diameter.

However all you need to find is a tap knob around 1-2 inches with a 14-15 mm hexagonal center.

Automotive tire Gas Household hardware Auto part Audio equipment

Light Household hardware Gas Tool Auto part

Automotive tire Camera accessory Gas Font Household hardware

·
Registered
350 Posts
Most ACE hardwares carry various knobs. Find the right outside dimensions one, drill out the center, JB weld a socket into the knob. Good winter time project!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I just took mine off and the nut is aluminum and is 14mm large diameter (OD) and a 8mm shaft diameter (ID).

So use 6 point socket of those sizes. ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just get a nice new rear shock and get rid of it all together. 😉

I did that, worth the money for it being setup for my weight. 👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts