StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just thought I would pass out a warning to check the screw that holds the preload adjustment knob on. Mine is gone, I noticed when I came back from a ride the other day. I still have the nut on there, and the two springs. The little bearings are gone though.

Today I checked with my dealer and found out that you can't order those pieces. They come with the rear shock assembly. He is going to check with his rep and see if there is something they can do.

Right now I have a screw holding the nut on, along with a couple of marks from a Sharpie to keep an eye on it in case it moves. It's not pretty, but I'm functional.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen some kind of an upgrade / farkle, like an anodized knob out there? I can figure out something for the little bearings, it's the adjustment knob that I can't find. Who makes the rear shock on the 2012Wee? Maybe I can contact them.

I know it's normal to check everything anyways, but it's the little things like this that will slip by.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Just checked mine. Very tight.

Hope your dealer helps you out with this issue. I do not know of any after market knob that would work. A good machinist might be able to mill a knob for you.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Mine's there. Screw is tight.

Good luck finding another...

I agree, damn dealer better make something happen.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Just checked mine. Very tight.

Hope your dealer helps you out with this issue. I do not know of any after market knob that would work. A good machinist might be able to mill a knob for you.
Agreed on the thanks for the heads up but geez the dealer has to replace this under warranty. I dont care if they have to replace the entire shock or whatever. They need to make it right.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Due to lack of availability, the bike was purchased out of state. My local dealer who is trying to help said that Suzuki doesn't warranty items that fall off. I kind of understand that, but when something falls off with less than 200 miles it sucks.

He is doing what he can to try and make it right. No guarantees, but like I said he is going to contact his rep and see what they can do. He says they may have to replace the shock. I told him if they go for it to just replace the knob. He could hold onto the shock.

Anybody know of a company that deals with totalled bikes? Maybe I can get one that way.

Thanks again,
Ray

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would throw the BS flag on that. An item falls off and it is not covered? I would talk to Suzuki about it. They have the 600 mile service to check everything so what are you supposed to do if a problem comes between build and 600 miles?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
:confused:

So if a piston pin clip falls off and the motor explodes they won't cover it? Or how about the primary nut? I'd call Suzuki Corp in California.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D.T and 140Pilot,

Very good points. I'll give them a few days and if still nothing good then I'll give Suzuki a call.

Thanks for the info.

Ray

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look what I got...

Just took a bit over 2 months, but I finally got the call from my local dealer that my preload knob was in. I asked the service tech if he loctited the screw and he said yes. I was gonna do it when I got home anyways. :yesnod:

Did I mention it had to come attached to a brand new rear shock. :yikes:

No more Black Sharpie mark to show nothing has moved.

I have to say that I appreciate the fact that my dealer and the area rep came through on this and I didn't have to get on the phone with Suzuki and have a big argument.
However, it's sad that the only way to get it was with a complete rear shock assembly $$$$. All for a plastic knob that couldn't be more than a couple bucks.

Anyways, it's all good now.
Ray

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It's not a separate part. There's no way for the system to allow ordering only a knob. Suzuki buys the shock. They don't make it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts