StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure that there's a thread on here somewhere, (I couldn't find it) but can anybody tell me what a good pre-ride checklist would be? I do the basics, check my oil, check my air in the tires and do a overall visual check; but I want to make sure that I'm not missing anything. Any thoughts would be great.:confused:

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Keys
Gas
Air in the tires
No oil or antifreeze puddle under the engine.
Go.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Check air.
Check oil.
Check chain.
Check brake fluid reservoirs.
Check turn signals.
Check brake light.
Check head lights.
Check ignition (turn key to on, do the dials go through their start up, oil/check light come on, fuel bars come up).

·
Registered
392 Posts
The above, and a bottle of water, usually I half fill it the night before and freeze it, then top it up. I have a wine bottle cozy that I put it in to keep it cold, you don't want to get dehydrated while out riding. Sometimes a some fruit or a granola bar for longer rides.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Is the lawn mowed? garbage need emptying? leaves raked? Is the wife thoroughly occupied for the next few hours and happy about it? If you can answer yes, then grab the keys and get your tail out of there before something goes wrong.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My check list inlcludes making sure I loop my helmet strap. You have no idea how many times I put my helmet on and then realize I didn't strap it about 20 miles later. Pretty pointless if it isn't strapped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts