StromTrooper banner

Pre load fork cap

3654 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  vanseagal
Hi Just wondering if you guys had tried or had any luck with the ore load caps for the 2018 Vstrom that are readily available on AliExpress etc. Thought I might try that route for the local washboard roads before changing the spring, any thoughts.

Thanks Paul
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I bought these to use with new fork oil and springs. They work as intended and the price is right. I did not try them with the original springs.
Yes I put a pair of the AliExpress adjustable caps on my 2019 with stock springs. They're working fine so far and they do actually make a difference on this new model with better springs than before. I had a 2009 model and the adjustable caps were really useless because of the useless mushy springs. FYI these adjustable caps are longer than the new factory fork caps, so they add a little tension even when fully backed off, which is fine. I found a picture that has them in it. I bought the ones with the finger adjustment knobs and one of the set screws holding the knob on fell out but I didn't lose the knob.
Vehicle Plant Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Automotive lighting
See less See more
I have the same Kramer posted for around 20tkm. No issues so far.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.