StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why a Powerlet branded battery harness with a coax plug wouldn't work with a Gerbing heat controller? I have a new out of the package Powerlet battery lead hooked up and can't get any power to the Gerbing controller. 15A fuse changed and still no go (original fuse looks good). Would the Powerlet lead be reverse polarity? Both of my Gerbing controllers worked perfectly the last time they were used on a different bike. Head scratcher!

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
Need to recheck the wiring. I have had failures in the wires of Gerbing gear and Widder gear. Especially near the base of the plugs. The get work hardened and the wires inside break.
An Electric jacket that works intermittently is an absolute PITA.

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Need to recheck the wiring. I have had failures in the wires of Gerbing gear and Widder gear. Especially near the base of the plugs. The get work hardened and the wires inside break.
An Electric jacket that works intermittently is an absolute PITA.
This is true. I've replaced just about every coax connector on my Gerbing stuff.

I don't know what kind of Gerbing controller you have but my permanent mount Gerbing has LEDs that indicate power. If those don't light up when turned on, there is no connection to the battery.

I'm not sure if reversed polarity would damage the digital controller or not. I don't think I'd want to find out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts