StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add a Blue Sea Fuse box but only want it powered on when the ignition is turned on hence I want to use a relay.

I know I could vampire into the Tail and Rear lights but I've noticed a spare? spade female connector on the left hand side(Rectifier side) but towards the rear of the bike.
I checked the voltage on it this morning with the engine off and 0V. Put the key in and turned it and it reads 12V. Looks promising.

Does anyone know what this connector is for and could I use it to power my relay?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm not familar with the connector you speak of, but if it's not being used, what could go wrong? The relay draws almost no power.

- Mark

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Correct. Also, since the reference is to a single connector, it's better not to use the frame for the relay ground. Find a black wire with a white stripe instead.

D

·
0 Posts
Well, what is that connector?

Hi, I bought an auxillary fuse box and want to power the relay that turns on that fuse box by the ignition.

I'm really interested to know what is that wire for?

If its not being used for anything I'll definitely connect the fuse panel relay wire to that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure what that wiredoes but in the end I vampired into the registration light to power the relay.
The relay doesn't take much and it works fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
YellowDemon said:
I'm not sure what that wiredoes but in the end I vampired into the registration light to power the relay.
The relay doesn't take much and it works fine.
What sort of connector did you use to tap into the Reg light??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used a Snap-Lock Automotive Cable Connector.
Its not what I really wanted to do being a brand new bike but it works and the finished result makes it very tidy.
I'll try put some pic's on of the installation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
YellowDemon said:
I used a Snap-Lock Automotive Cable Connector.
Its not what I really wanted to do being a brand new bike but it works and the finished result makes it very tidy.
I'll try put some pic's on of the installation.
I'd be interested in seeing the pics when you get to it, thanks. I've been puzzled over exactly how to tap into the switched power.. I've used the well hidden heated grip job behind the radiator for...err ..heated grips.
If the snap-lock works well, new bike or not , i'm for it.
Thanks again,
john

1 - 12 of 12 Posts