StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still tossing around a Wee and wanted to know about the power output and electrics.

Do they put out enough juice to power heated grips, a gps and heated vest all at the same time? Coming off an R1150GS there was power to spare from what I gather in addition to running my PIAA 520's. Not sure of the wattage of any of those items against the 400W? alternator.

TIA.... (....i go look at one tomorrow)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The 650 went from 375W to 400W in 2008. That brings the power for accessories up from about 100-125W to 125-150W. Grips, GPS and vest will be easily handled in either case.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
As always and to be safe in case you add further accessories, just wire up a voltmeter and make sure you stay above the magic number of 12.8.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I upgraded to a 650 V-Strom from a R1100RS:mrgreen: No problem runnning the Gerbing Jacket, Gloves and electric insoles on the V-Strom. Also run Denali LEDs. Last week I installed a low beam cut harness from Eastern Beaver Suzuki VStrom Electrics which allows cutting one of the 55 watt head lights.

Highly recommend the V-Strom.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Install a voltmeter if you haven't already. You may be pushing things in some situations if you leave all lights on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts