StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've had this bike for a bit and finally have a need to plug in a phone or other to charge. What power outlets would you recommend? I have not clue as to brand/model. What about the amps? I'm hoping to get a GPS also. Do I hard wire this in? Can I add more than one outlet without a problem? What's best?
Thanks in advance!:confused:

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Well a search in the little google box at the top of the page will lead you to links for outlets.
BMW style(John Deere like) or an automotive cigarette lighter. Best get a water resistant one from a boat shop. Run a line to the battery and fuse it near the battery.
I have a pig tail cord for those charge the phone and run the GPS moments. Most accessories don't draw much power but the occasional use of the tire pump will require 10-15 amp fuse. Use big fat wires from the battery.
Where you mount it is a personal quandary. I tie wrapped mine to the cable guide on the clutch side. Others drill holes in the dash plastic. Some put it higher on a shelf above the instruments. Depends on how long your arms are.

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
"do all my charging in my tank bag"

RKA makes an outlet friendly tank bag or DYI, Still needs a power and ground line, fused of course, from the battery.
There's just so many possibilities out there.:yesnod:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used the connectors that they sell for the Battery Tender, to attach to your battery. Then the 12 V socket that they sell that connects to it. Very easy, no wiring, just plug it in and route the wires.
I was able to fit the actual socket in the wire loop for the clutch cable by bending it open a little bit.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I use the battery tender 12v outlet. I also have the heated gear coax ax mounted that I can plug another SAE plug into for a 2nd outlet if more power is needed. In the front 12v outlet I use a 2 port usb that powers both my GPS and charges my phone. The male plug with 2 usb ports was $10 at Eastern Mtn Sports.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts