StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not an expert in wiring but I understand how a circuit works etc. I was able to install the Stebal air horn with out problems.
With that being said I am looking to purchase Rick Hughes auxiliary shelf and in ordering it I need to know what outlet's I want to use so he can pre-drill the holes. I know at least one will be a 'Cigarette' Socket so I can connect my phone to charge and I am debating to do a BMW socket because I will probably get some heated gear this fall.
With that said can anyone tell me where they have purchased their outlets. I was thinking Eastern Beaver's VStrom Front Socket Kit X2. This way my amateur wiring would not be an issue. Just "plug and play", no cutting and no worries. Suzuki VStrom Electrics
My issue for this option is I don't know the size for these outlets for the Rick Hughes plate and if this is the best option.
Side note, with the air horn and these two outlets will I have power issues?

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Side note, with the air horn and these two outlets will I have power issues?
If you're not running anything off the outlets, nor Stebel-blasting anyone, you'll never have electrical capacity issues...

...unless, of course...

...your charging system is malfunctioning or you have some high load electronics using your available power elsewhere.

If you are doing all of that other work, you should install a voltmeter in that panel, too.

That way, you will know when you are approaching your electrical limits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts