StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one installed the PC V on a 2004 Vee yet ???
I see no reason why it would not work,,,
I was told the people at PC are just trying to rid of all the PC III frist....
Makes since to me, They did that on the 2008 hayabusas...............
Mike

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mike:

The Power Commander site lists the PC-III for model years 2002-2008. I know for my 2009...I was told I could only get the PC-V. Not sure what changes happened to our bikes between 2008-2009 that forces a guy to be Required to get the PC-V over the PC-III. Maybe they're just trying to retire the PC-III? Here's what PC lists:

Suzuki DL 1000 (V-Strom) 311: Powercommander Downloads, Maps, Installation Guides, Accessories and Product Purchases

If you go with the PC-V....please let us know how it's working for you.

Wayne

·
Registered
158 Posts
The more I read about it from other sites....looks like they are trying to retire the PC-III. Guess you could ask Jamie at Fuel Moto...or Blair from SV Racing to see about using a PC-V. Sounds like all the maps works universally between the two units...so you're probably good to go.

Wayne

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
THe PC III is tunable through out. The PC V has gray cells which are non tunable (lower range) I suspect for EPA reasons. Dyno Jet used to have a chart posted on their site showing the PC V Gray areas which are non tunable but I havent been able to locate it lately. I would suspect that most retailers might push you to a PC V in hopes that you might purchase the auto tune and other features that work with the V insteasd of the III.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts