StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO installed a PCIII on my DL-650. I've breifly looked at the manual and online to school up on how to adjust it. How do you connect to your PC? Right now it seems like I'll need about a 15' USB cord extension in order to reach out side to connect to my bike. It does not appear that the unit can be easily removed form the bike to bring inside. Am I missing a simple solution?

·
0 Posts
USB, and it must be connected to the bike to make adjustments/map changes.

BTD.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
You could always get a laptop, or you could just bring the bike inside.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. Looks like I may be moving some furniture around and bringing the bike indoors. Better pick up a bottle of wine for the wifey when I do this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, take pictures of the awesomeness that's about to happen...

BTD.
Hum, pictures of the bike indoors. I can already hear the lawyer. "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present you exhibit A. This clearly shows DblD's irresponsible behavior which is why his wifey has requested this divorce hearing."

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
The PO installed a PCIII on my DL-650. I've breifly looked at the manual and online to school up on how to adjust it. How do you connect to your PC? Right now it seems like I'll need about a 15' USB cord extension in order to reach out side to connect to my bike. It does not appear that the unit can be easily removed form the bike to bring inside. Am I missing a simple solution?
We use these at 90ft where I work and they say they will go to 150ft. Then you can put a Cat5 cable and extend your PC out to your bike.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2893288&CatId=444

·
Banned
88 Posts
Cool, thanks for the USB cable link. Cheaper than buying a laptop :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I decided to go ahead and set up my old desktop pc in the garage. Seemed like the most cost effective option for me right now. I played around with it tonight and figured out what map I have been running. Changed it to a different one but have not had a chance to ride it yet. It'll give me something to look forward to in the morning. Thanks for all the advice guys.

On a side note, my wifey actually wanted to ride on the bike today, her second time ever. There may be hope yet for us.;:hurray:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts