StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there: new PA owner here with 2012 Vstrom 1000 with 4200 miles on it. snap crackle and pop issues at lower rpm's in most all gears. have prpperly adjusted the secondary butterflies and synched the TB's as per all the discussions and instructions on here...as well as TB boot check. a tad better but still incredibly annoying. want to purchase a power commander type module and get this sorted out ASAP. love the bike but hate the low speed fueling and stumbling. i see my choices are PC-3, PC-5, dobeck performance, a few others. i'm a geezer and on a budget so looking for simplest most cost effective method. something easy plug and play with pre-loaded maps so no fiddling required of which i'm not capable of anyway. suggestions on best unit and where to purchase greatly appreciated. thanks much. regards, john

·
Registered
192 Posts
You might want to have your factory ECM re-flashed to make it a bit richer. You'll need to take your bike to a dealer, or a mechanic with a Yosh box, or similar.

When I bought my 2012 Vee, the PO had a mechanic re-flash it richer because of aftermarket exhaust. They got it too rich though, and I had it leaned out some. I had purchased a Power Commander, and may use it sooner or later, but I'm happy with my bikes performance now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking to install a power commander fuel controller (PCFC) on my 2014 DL1000.
It's cheaper than the PCV, and many have installed it on your bike.

Anybody installed the PCFC on the 2014+ DL1000?

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,185 Posts
Power Commanders have their place, but on a near stock bike they often give more problems than they solve. Such as poor fuel mileage.

There is a Suzuki Technical Service Bulletin out for your problems with the 2012 DL 1000. This upgraded ECM is far better than a Power Commander at improving your low speed issues. I assume it is still in force, the link below could be printed out and taken to your dealer for their input on it.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/australia-new-zealand/108529-dl-1000-factory-ecm-replacement.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts