StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here have experience with the PC III related to loading the available maps, or adjustments and variations of them?
I installed some slip-ons and am trying to cure a bad spot between 3000-4000 rpm. I have ordered a PC III from a discounter and have found some related maps on the Dyno-Jet site.
As with anything that is computer related sometimes installation of new hardware/software to make changes is not always as user friendly as advertised.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just did this yesterday. I emailed dyno jet tech and asked what map i should install for my 2008 1000 with leo Vince pipes.The map that came installed in the unit is for the early model years. He told me to install the M311-007 map from the CD. I did and the bike runs great. It is easy to do. I had to go to a friends house because I am using a Mac and the dyno jet software will not work with it
I went to youtube and someone had a vid of how to do it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I did it for the first time today. I had my new to me 05 Wee with only 5900 miles on the clock for a few weeks now. PO had a PCIII installed and a center stand, two less things I needed do.
Anyhow, I thought the bike ran great. Finally got around to playing with it.
For some reason he had the map for a stock 02 loaded. I changed it to the map for a stock 04/05 and WOW, what a difference. Bike runs smooth as silk now!
Greg

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link, unfortunately the IT Nazi's here have blocked You Tube.
I read the supplied instructions, preloaded the applicable map, installed the unit and it seems to have corrected my problems. Eliminated the 3k-4k rpm flat spot since installing the Two Brothers slip-ons. Purrrrrrrs like a kitten.
It'd be great if all product installs went so well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK - I opened the PCV box, read the instructions, downloaded the map for my Stock 2009 DL 1000. Went to wire in, and for the life of me I couldn't get my big paws in and around the radiator hose and between the frame to unsnap the 6 pin connector. What's the trick to this?

·
Registered
627 Posts
OK - I opened the PCV box, read the instructions, downloaded the map for my Stock 2009 DL 1000. Went to wire in, and for the life of me I couldn't get my big paws in and around the radiator hose and between the frame to unsnap the 6 pin connector. What's the trick to this?
I wear 2XL and sometimes 3XL gloves and was able to get mine installed last week. Takes some patience reaching from the bottom and a small flat blade screwdriver to free up that tab on the connector, inserting it from the side by the frame. You'll have to push/deflect that one coolant hose to the side with your fingers to allow you a better stab at it.

Ok, reading that back, it doesn't seem to help. It's difficult to describe, but it can be done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts