StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ex- moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take forever to settle on a farkle...I'm considering adding LED lights to increase daytime visibility and to augment the high beam for night time riding..So...can anyone tell me if there is any significant difference between these;

Denali D2 Dual Intensity LED Lighting Kit with Full Wiring Harness and M8 Mount - TwistedThrottle.ca

And these;

MondoMotos MM10 Bullet LED Auxiliary Light Kit (V3) | MondoMotos Motorcycle Lighting, LED Lighting and Accessories

They look to be of equal output.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Denali's are dual density meaning they have a high and low beam which from the specs is a 10* spot light or a 40* flood light. The second pair is a 25* light which is still along the lines of a flood light but not as wide but definitely not a spot light.

Up against the $80 lights I had on my KLR compared to the expensive Denali's on my Strom, I liked my cheaper KLR's lights better. That and if they went bad or I broke them they were 5 times cheaper to replace.

·
Registered
738 Posts
heat matters

I take forever to settle on a farkle...I'm considering adding LED lights to increase daytime visibility and to augment the high beam for night time riding..So...can anyone tell me if there is any significant difference between these;

Denali D2 Dual Intensity LED Lighting Kit with Full Wiring Harness and M8 Mount - TwistedThrottle.ca

And these;

MondoMotos MM10 Bullet LED Auxiliary Light Kit (V3) | MondoMotos Motorcycle Lighting, LED Lighting and Accessories

They look to be of equal output.....
I see a couple differences which seem significant to me. The MondoMotos MM10 Bullet appears to have some kind of over-temperature protection whereas the Denali D2 description makes no mention of such. The write-up is not clear, but from it I infer that the MM10 has circuitry to reduce power so as to limit temperature rise. This seems like a good idea for the application, where the amount of airflow is highly variable and can go to zero. Then again, the D2 has a slightly better package for imparting waste heat into the airflow. On balance, I would prefer the protective circuitry, if that's what it is.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I didn't want to spend a fortune on auxiliary lights so I bought the MondoMotos. For the price they are an excellent buy, they are bright but not too bright for daytime lights. I have them mounted on the forks just above the front fender. Gives a good triangle of light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts