StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I've been riding since 1991 and done more than 400.000 kilometers both on and off the road on several different bikes.

My girlfriend has been riding a Wee since 2005. She loves the bike and has used it for everything from track days to long distance touring. The bike now has allmost 100.000 km on the clock without any issues.
I have enjoyed borrowing the Wee from time to time, but as it hurts my eyes to look at it, I have until now, never even considered buying one - but with the release of the 2012 version, this has changed.

I have decided to replace my current street bike (a Honda CB 1000R) with an all road/adventure type of bike.

I've boiled the possibilities down to two bikes: The Yamaha XTZ 1200 Super Ténéré and the new 650 V-Strom.
I love the S10's power, shaft drive and uncompromising construction, but the Wee's low weight, nimble handling and simplicity appeals to me also.
The winter here in Denmark will keep me from riding the next 3-4 month, so I have plenty of time to decide.

Regards
Don T

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Dirt Dad has had a DL1000, a DL650 and now has an S10. He says the low center of gravity of the S10 more than makes up for the added weight. He did prefer the DL1000 over the 650 so power is important to him. If the cost difference is not a factor, think about what power range you personally prefer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts