Votes: 25 32.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back by popular demand...and due to the great turn out we had last year...I'm proud to announce...it's on!!!

2010 2nd Annual "Buckeye Bash" Labor Day Weekend Rally!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::hurray::yesnod:
September 3rd, 4th, and 5th...Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

11030 LAKE ROAD
MILLERSPORT, OH 43046

Before it's even asked...no, this will not be a Stromtrooper Specific Rally.

Why? Simple. Certain Members...myself included...no longer have a V-Strom, the Host doesn't have a V-Strom, and due to that...we'd like to make this a "non bike specific" Rally. All that really matters is good friends are getting back together to enjoy a common interest...RIDING!!! With this said...I really hope no toes are stepped on...and that everyone comes and has a great time!!!

This is going to be run almost the same as last year...arrive Friday afternoon, rides will take place on Saturday, cook out Saturday night, depart whenever you feel like it on Sunday.

Food: Something easy Friday night...probably order Pizza...whatever...

Breakfast will be provided Saturday and Sunday.

Lunch on Saturday will depend on who you're riding with...basically you're on your own...or with a group.

Cook out and Bon Fire Saturday night.

Basic Beverages will be provided....water, pop, etc...

Alcohol is up to you!!!

Accommodations:

There is plenty of Camping area and on site bathroom and shower facilities. There are also a few local Hotels(book early due to the local Popcorn Festival!!).

Last year everyone was more than gracious chipping in money for the food and beverages served during the event...so instead of charging people a fee...we'd like to keep it like last year...DONATE to the host if you're eating/drinking!!!

One thing that will be different:
BRING CASH FOR A RALLY SHIRT OR TWO!!!
Prices will be posted later in the thread...and with the help of our resident shirt maker RidgeRunner(hopefully he'll help again this year) we'll come up with another good design...but orders for shirts will be taken at the Rally...and money will be collected up front.

I know it's a long way away...but I'm posting now so hopefully everyone can work this it their schedule.

We had a great time and turn out last year...so let's keep it going!!!

BTD.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
It might have been a good idea to make the poll trackable so you'd know who answered which selection. See you there.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm sorry I missed it last year, I will try my hardest to attend this year. I may bring a riding buddy as well, but neither of us have V-Stroms anymore.

·
Super Moderator
16,863 Posts
I'm sorry I missed it last year, I will try my hardest to attend this year. I may bring a riding buddy as well, but neither of us have V-Stroms anymore.
That is a non-issue....this is a moto rally!!!! Only squids and pirates aren't invited, great time amongst old and new to be friends. Me and Matt don't have Stroms either, so what's your point?:mrgreen: Hoping some Concours riders will join the party, should be a hoot!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm coming, but unlike last year, will get there Friday so I can do some rides Saturday.

Getting there mid-afternoon Saturday and finding nobody around but Scarlett Harlot ZZzz-ing on the couch was not the ideal way to start the weekend.

But once he woke up and we got some beer tabs pulled things were cool; especially once the bonfire was lit! (BigB and BTD mx'g over the fire on minibikes :yikes:)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
That is a non-issue....this is a moto rally!!!! Only squids and pirates aren't invited, great time amongst old and new to be friends. Me and Matt don't have Stroms either, so what's your point?:mrgreen: Hoping some Concours riders will join the party, should be a hoot!
Sweet. This will make two Strom rallies that I'll be crashing this year.

I forgot Matt sold his, what did he replace it with?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dan.

Hope to see you at the Rally...if not beforehand!!!

BTD.

·
Super Moderator
13,057 Posts
I'm in! I'm sure several friends from Canada will come as well. (Hopefully they'll keep things sunny side up!)

..Tom

ps: if any of you are ambitious feel free to head up to Canada a few weeks later for our Ontario get together.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome Tom...it'll be good to see you guys again!!!

BTD.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Will I be attending? Oh hell yeah!

I am already looking forward to it - last year was a blast!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got a feeling that the Rally this year is going to be bigger than lasts...I'm just sayin!!!

BTD.

·
Registered
981 Posts
that would be cool - not like we were short on sitting or camping space. Might need to wrangle up a bigger coffee maker for Glenn this year though!

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
So Matt, is this grand unavailing? Looks like a promotional picture. Let's see the real thing.

If I (we) can make it again we will. With our daughter starting college a couple of weeks before this I'm slow to make a commitment. But it was great to finally meet everyone last year and if possible I'd love to do it again.

For those non-camping riders there is a Red Roof Inn about 5 miles away from the site. It is significantly nicer than most Red Roof Inns I've seen and was available on short notice last year.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Depending on my work schedule...this coming Tuesday I'll be picking the new bike up from the Dealer.

I'll post pics...you bet your a$$!!!

Really hope you and DirtMom can make it again Jon.

BTD.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Depending on my work schedule...this coming Tuesday I'll be picking the new bike up from the Dealer.

I'll post pics...you bet your a$$!!!

Really hope you and DirtMom can make it again Jon.

BTD.
Congrats in advance. I'm sure you had enough test rides on Brian's bike to know you got the right new ride. Life is good when you're riding the right bike.

I suspect we'll make it to the Labor Day gathering. It's going to be a time of big changes in our lives, but if possible we'll be there.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I'm coming, but unlike last year, will get there Friday so I can do some rides Saturday.

Getting there mid-afternoon Saturday and finding nobody around but Scarlett Harlot ZZzz-ing on the couch was not the ideal way to start the weekend.

But once he woke up and we got some beer tabs pulled things were cool; especially once the bonfire was lit! (BigB and BTD mx'g over the fire on minibikes :yikes:)
There was room for 2 on that sofa big boy.

This year i will be more awake as my meds are better regulated.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hmmm...better start making nice with the Wife. This looks like a nice trip.

Honey, can I go to Ohio and play motorcycles with the guys?

1 - 20 of 347 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.