StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the Gathering in Rapid City is over (June 25 - 28 2009) instead of heading back to Utah, I'll be riding Southeast to the area near Montgomery Alabama. Draw a line from Rapid City to Montgomery and you have my basic route.

If you live in or know that area, what sites, or roads along my route do you know of that I should not miss?

Thanks in advance for your help! :D

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The Barber motor sports museum in Birmingham AL comes to mind. It has motorcycle parking right in front.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Barber motor sports museum in Birmingham AL comes to mind. It has motorcycle parking right in front.
Thanks Pat, it looks like that is only a couple hundred miles north from my destination.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Tombstone! Wow, SD to AL. That's a haul. Got all that neat flat in the middle... :mod2_sleep1: At least you'll be rested when you get to Montgomery!

Following a Google maps route, more or less, you'd pass Kansas City, St Louis, and Memphis. Sounds like a BBQ tour to me. Even the trip home puts you through Texas... or Quebec or wherever you call "between Alabama and Utah". Still sounds festive. :var_21: :cheers2:

I'll mark that week on my calendar, and I might just have to slip out there and say 'hi'.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tombstone! Wow, SD to AL. That's a haul. Got all that neat flat in the middle... :mod2_sleep1: At least you'll be rested when you get to Montgomery!

Following a Google maps route, more or less, you'd pass Kansas City, St Louis, and Memphis. Sounds like a BBQ tour to me. Even the trip home puts you through Texas... or Quebec or wherever you call "between Alabama and Utah". Still sounds festive. :var_21: :cheers2:

I'll mark that week on my calendar, and I might just have to slip out there and say 'hi'.
Sounds good.

I'll super slab it from Rapid City to Omaha, from there I have dots on the map that I'll be connecting;
Nauvoo, IL
The Great River Road, MI
Natchez Trace Trail
Nashville, TN
Blue Ridge Parkway,
Deals Gap,
The Barber Museum, AL

I should get enough curves out of some of those places to make up for the flat places.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wow. BRP and Deals Gap aren't anywhere between Natchez Trace and Montgomery! "Between" as in "as long as I'm in America"...

I'm noticing your sense of the word "between" is not exactly orthodox. ;-)

Nashville's got this great Mexican restaurant, La Hacienda Taqueria on Nolensville Rd near I-440. Shrimp soup, roast chicken, pan-fried fish, lots of family style food. The kind of place where you see entire Latino families having Sunday lunch after church. I miss that place every time I go to On The Border for a burrito, rice, and beans.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. BRP and Deals Gap aren't anywhere between Natchez Trace and Montgomery! "Between" as in "as long as I'm in America"...

I'm noticing your sense of the word "between" is not exactly orthodox. ;-)

"Between" as in "motorcycle trip" as in "never ask a biker for directions". :D

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I know what you mean. As I was filling in my map, Oregon and Washington were between southern Utah and Illinois.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts