StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick question and just want to get some simple feedback. I've been looking for a used 2008 DL650 ABS, and I've finally located one. It has 6,800 miles, lots of add-ons (engine guard, hand warmers, luggage extender, side and top hard cases, skid plate, etc.) Seems like it has been maintained very well (I'm over a thousand miles away so I haven't seen it in person, but my dad lives nearby is planning to go by and check it out).

The seller is asking $6,000 w/out the hard cases, and $6,300 for the complete package. This would be my first Strom and I'm wondering what some other, more experienced owners think. :confused:

Thanks.

·
Registered
609 Posts
If your wondering if its a good deal then there are way too many variables. If your wondering if its a good bike then, YES! I love my 07 ABS wee. I like the flat black 08 model too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, this is the flat black model. Looks great!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Great bike.

Is there anything on the bike that you do not want (except the price tag)? If so, what would be a fair price without that?

What would be a fair price for a naked bike in the same condition (assumed very good)? What would it cost you to add the farkles you want?

Is that the bike you want and can you afford it?

All prices are local. My price here, and someone else's price in New York or Florida or anywhere does not compare to the price in Colorado. Can you do better? If not, grab this one. If yes, wait. It does not look like the economy will improve much before next Spring (we are in a very slow upward trend for most of us, not all of us), so especially in your climate, hold out if this isn't a very fair deal--you won't ride much over the winter. But, this is a La Niña winter...great snow in the north and not much your way--you might get in some riding. Me, I'm looking for a shop that can stone grind my 130mm powder skis. I'm gettin' 'em ready!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Get the best price you can, but it seems like there are a lot of desirable extras on the bike making it worth it. As for the mileage, that is nothing, the bike may not even be broken in yet:yesnod:

If I were to do it over again, I would have bought a used one with some extras and saved a few thousand. Mine was $ 7000 OTD and I have added at least $ 1,500 to it and there is more coming.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yeah, definalty have a budget for the aftermarket stuff. I refer to my DL as the Mr.Potato Head of bikes. Its a great basic bike stock but it really needs some eyes, lips, hair...etc.... I am not over 2k into mods on my bike. I bought my 07 wee ABS about 6 months ago with some extras and about 9k miles for $4900. I thought that was an excellent deal since an ABS model is so hard to find. If I had to pay 6 or 7k for one I might have had reservations on a a wee becasue of how much is needed to make it right IMO. I am sure some guys will not agree with that.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
$6,000 with the cases and if the tires are nearly new would sound fair to me. However, the general condition of the bike would have to be very clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts