StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. How many fellow Strommers would be interested in a big East Coast Meet and Greet?
2. If you are interested, where would be a good location for it?

The reason I am posting this is because the other post I read about an EC M&G last year seemed to go nowhere. Did it happen or not.? I know that the BRP is usually the first choice for this type of thing because of the scenic riding conditions and the fairly central location , but are there any other options that are overlooked? Possibly one of the beach towns along the Atlantic? It would be nice to hear some opinions and suggestions on this.

I started a poll to see how many people would be interested in this.

I can't take responsibility for organizing this, nor would I want to. I just don't have the time to attempt to organize this. I just wanted to get some wheels rolling in getting something like this together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,809 Posts
I'm interested, ut I don't know the coast all that well. Maybe the Jersey Shore? Anyone from Jersey here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
There is one in North Carolina some time in May I think.

There was talk of one last year in the mid Atlantic, but nothing came of it as far as know. I think it is just a matter of somebody grabbing the ball and running with. It would probably be a hit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Hello all, i would be interested. I am on the east carolina coast, about 9-10 hours to Jersey.

Greg
'06 DL1000 red
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For another idea, we could open this up to all Strom riders and as many other poeple they can get and see how many bikes we can get together in one place. Maybe pick a lage campground somewhere as lodging. Let me know if you guys think it would be a good idea to move this post to the general section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
spongebob218 said:
For another idea, we could open this up to all Strom riders and as many other poeple they can get and see how many bikes we can get together in one place. Maybe pick a lage campground somewhere as lodging. Let me know if you guys think it would be a good idea to move this post to the general section.
Might be a good idea to put a link to this thread.
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
East Coast Meet n' Greet

Spongebob218,

Great idea. I'm only 40 minutes from you. I'm ready. Mid-Ohio vintage days in Lexington, Ohio is a good spot. Camping for the entire weekend is only $15 in the infield of the racetrack. There are thousands of bikes, vendors, etc. The marque of the year is Aprilia. Racing occurs all weekend. There are also seminars. The following weekend is AMA Superbike.

Lake George, NY Americade is also an option.

Anyplace in TN or KY?

If the event is planned around/in/near something that is already occurring....then the organization is on someone else. If the event we're piggybacking on is too big, we may have a hard time getting into hotels and restaurants.

Just thoughts.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Here are links to 2 events that look interesting:

Wakin the Dragon Biker Rally, June 2-3, in Tennessee at the Dragon.
http://www.wakinthedragonbikerrally.com/index.html

AMA Vinyage Motorcycle Days, July 28-30, Mid Ohio Sports Car Course.
http://www.midohio.com/track/directions.asp

It doesn't seem that lodging would be a problem for either.

If you other guys think it would be a good idea, I'd like to start a "Calling All Stromtroopers" thread in the General section if we can decide on a location.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last post was me, oops.

Also, one I forgot to add is Americade in Lake George, New York, June 6-11.
http://www.americade.info/americade_faq.htm
This one seems it would be more up compatible with the V-Strom, being that it more focused on touring bikes than choppers. But being so far north, some of southern riders may not want to make the trip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Howdy,
New guy here, not voting one way or the other - but if the idea is to get a bunch of V-Strom folks together, why not combine efforts with the folks on the other V-Strom Forum?

http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=119977759486

Or is it a contest? :roll:

I think I'd rather meet the most people and see the most bikes (and mods) in one place.

Just a thought...

Take care,
Bob S.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Redbeard said:
Howdy,
New guy here, not voting one way or the other - but if the idea is to get a bunch of V-Strom folks together, why not combine efforts with the folks on the other V-Strom Forum?

http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=119977759486

Or is it a contest? :roll:

I think I'd rather meet the most people and see the most bikes (and mods) in one place.

Just a thought...

Take care,
Bob S.

Bredan has stated he is not in competion with any other site.

While it would be nice to have a rally of our own, I would tend to agree with you and suggest all interested in a get together support this one.

Anyway, it would seem that nobody here (me included) has had the time and/energy to get one going.

Matt
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Well, Lake George is a little too far for now, but I am "game" for somewhere closer for greet&meet.

Greg
'06 DL1K red(ish)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
I've already got a campsite reserved at the Ironhorse campground for the V-Strom Forum meet and greet May 18-20. Hope I'm not the only Stromtrooper there! It'll be good to meet so many people with great taste in motorcycles :wink: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Wish I saw this earlier, I'm already scheduled for an out of town MC overnighter that weekend. Hope you all have a great time - that place sure looks nice! Maybe I'll make the next one :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
MATTMAN said:
Redbeard said:
Howdy,
New guy here, not voting one way or the other - but if the idea is to get a bunch of V-Strom folks together, why not combine efforts with the folks on the other V-Strom Forum?

http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=119977759486

Or is it a contest? :roll:

I think I'd rather meet the most people and see the most bikes (and mods) in one place.

Just a thought...

Take care,
Bob S.

Bredan has stated he is not in competion with any other site.

While it would be nice to have a rally of our own, I would tend to agree with you and suggest all interested in a get together support this one.

Anyway, it would seem that nobody here (me included) has had the time and/energy to get one going.

Matt
It seems that there a more than a few of us that post to both forums. There are also members here that still post to the original yahoo list, http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/VStrom2/.

I agree with Matt that we should support the rally that has already been planned for this May. If I can re-arrange my work schedule I am going to attend. Anyone else from Florida considering going?

Steve
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top