StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found these gonna order some soon and check them out. Anybody else running them yet??

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Weatherproof-Shockproof-Hard-Case/dp/B00SKCO920

I'll add this here I was looking for a smaller plastic top loading side case for day trips that don't cost $150 per case, I already have 25L Mosko Moto scout panniers, two 50L moose racing epedition side cases, and a 58L givi trekker outback top case. I've already been through a set of side loading seahorse cases that were great cases I'm just not a fan of side loading

·
Super Moderator
16,886 Posts
Great for the price, I may go for the Harborfreight 4800 instead. Caribou case is what I really want but......DAMN, could get this or the HF case with the Caribou rack kit and be much cheaper in price.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great for the price, I may go for the Harborfreight 4800 instead. Caribou case is what I really want but......DAMN, could get this or the HF case with the Caribou rack kit and be much cheaper in price.
Is the HF top loading that's what I'm after I had a sweet set of seahorse cases and loved them except the side loading.

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
awfully small 9.9 liters for $30 - my tank bag is 3 x the size.

You can get good looking 23 liter Shads for about $100 each
fits a 15" laptop and very light.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah I'm not looking for travel bags I have those looking for small day trip or utility cases that would lock
Maybe so, but personally, for that size capacity, I'm pretty sure I'd just opt for a small duffel bag bungee-netted to the back seat. Hope they work out for ya. Those Harborfreight 4800 look like a much more useful size.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I get that I'm after the top loader, I have a 58L top case storage isn't an issue but it'd be nice to stick some weight lower and not have the unroll my scout 25L bags and re cinch the beaver tail anytime I change whats in it. I've done the side load cases and it's not for me.

·
Registered
762 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have moose racing Expedition side cases as well but when installed the bike is 49" across makes filtering almost impossible and I'm not fond off roading with metal cases that hang low.

I've been looking for something I can stick my tool bag in and some odds and ends possibly a pack lunch and go out in the dirt for the day with out braking the bank and making life easier.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
No go on the cases too small to mount, sucks the cases themselves aren't too bad just about an 1.5" short in every direction. I really wish someone would make an affordable top load side case.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yes the tusk are great but I'm looking for plastic smaller top loading not side loading as I've already been through that (seahorse cases they are great cases) and didn't like it. Guess it'll just be me and the Scout 25l panniers for the time being. I have a 58L Givi trekker top case and two 50L moose racing Expedition cases and just want something for day runs that don't the break the bank and hopefully not my ankle.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts