Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I look at the forecasts it time to get out and ride so I have been a Vstromer for a while now, and I have not had the chance to do a group ride or meet up with fellow Vstromer’s. So does this sound good to anyone from the Portland area?

Pete

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I cant do anything till late afternoon Saturday. My Wife works and My Daughter still can't plant her feet on the passenger pegs. that's Why Sunday is better for me.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
There is a local ADVRider group that meets every Thursday. Unfortunately, I live in Seattle again where the group rides are not as open.

Over on ADV in the PNW section you will find a thread about East Side meet up .They meet every Thursday and plan rides etc .

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Im a bit confused by the need to hop over to another forum to plan a ride.

We have had 7-9 guys ride out from meeting arranged on this Forum.

Matt, I'll ride with ya anyday.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Im a bit confused by the need to hop over to another forum to plan a ride.

We have had 7-9 guys ride out from meeting arranged on this Forum.

Matt, I'll ride with ya anyday.

Up here there are not that many Stroms , compared to all the other ADV bikes.ADVrider has 100x the members ( guessing. ).Just better odds of finding riding buddies UNLESS all you want to ride with is other Stroms. !!.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I'll have to miss out on this one...bike isn't all the way back together and waiting for one more package for the last of my parts...

Hopefully by the end of next week i'll have her all back together finally!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Got mine put back together last Saturday. Open for Saturday rides. Need to get the foggy winter blues cleared from my small brain. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've been riding on the road for a little over a year now, primarily back and forth to work on days I don't expect rain.

I'm a little hesitant to go on a group ride because I don't want to slow folks down, but meeting some local Strommers is a good enough excuse for me to ride a little more. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if something works between my rounds of golf!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Its not a competition.

Some guys run faster, some slower. You just need to ride your ride.

Part of the fun is meeting people with the same interests. Wrench days are another way.

some of our meets have been sitting around drinking Coffee and telling lie..er uh, Stories. Some have been a combination of meet and ride. Some have been meet to ride like last years ride to Astoria.

Either way, I'm riding somewhere on Sunday, with y'all or without. :yesnod:

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've been riding on the road for a little over a year now, primarily back and forth to work on days I don't expect rain.

I'm a little hesitant to go on a group ride because I don't want to slow folks down, but meeting some local Strommers is a good enough excuse for me to ride a little more. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if something works between my rounds of golf!
Don't worry about going too slow, it's really not an issue. Like reaper said, ride your own pace. This isn't exactly the sport bike forum.

On a side note, my cat is sitting on my lap, my stomach is growling, and she's looking all over trying to find whatever it is. :green_lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Saturday Ride

Yes, still going on a ride loking at the map it looks like I'm going 47 or 219 to Lincoln City then 20 to I5 back to beaverton.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts