Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stromtroopers of the Northwest. It's been far too long since our last get-together for coffee and meet fellow Stromtroopers.

The Holiday Season has run full circle and is once again at our doorstep. I know busy schedules prevail this time of year and it's difficult to find time to squeeze in that ride.

I'd like to suggest for anyone interested, we meet Saturday morning Dec. 7th. for coffee. This would be a great time to get re-acquainted with old friends and possibly meet new members as well. This is the weekend after Thanksgiving and should allow time for those that participate in the Black Friday ritual to recoup.

It's also the Saturday of the ABATE Toy Run, which I plan to attend. For those unfamiliar with the ABATE Toy Run, it's a motorcycle event that brings toys to Shiners Hospital for the Children. It would be awesome should any of you wish to join me in the group ride. Yes, it gets a little crazy with hundreds of motorcyclist and every kind of motorcycle imaginable. It's only a short ride and it's for the children which makes it more than worthwhile in my book.

We could meet for coffee before, after, or both. I'm open to either or. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I committed several months ago to help a friend with an estate sale.

I will be a no go, Sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Portland Coffee Meet and Greet

Hi All .. I live in Milwaukie and have been a Stromtrooper for a couple of years. Would like to meet local VStrom folks .. let me know where and when. Thanks!
Ken

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meet where :confused:
I was looking at locations this morning. We can meet someplace close to Fred Meyer Corporate Parking Lot if you plan doing the Toy Ride, or anywhere if you have a suggestion. Enjoy some coffee before heading over to the gathering. Appears only a couple folks will make it. Myself, possibly my wife. My brother and his wife from Salem. "New owner and member to Stromtrooper"

Currently the weather forecast seems it may cooperate, dry and cold which works for me.

Festivities start at 10:00, raffle ticket sales end at 11:30, drawing at 12 noon and the ride at 12:15. Would like to meet around 9:30\9:45 for coffee and arrive by 10:30 or so. I enjoy observing the masses, both machine and humanity to reconfirm my choice of motorcycle and employment.

Let me know your thoughts. Also, anyone that may have last minute change in plans is welcome. Would like to see several Stroms represented in this ride.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't think I can make it. I got a new toy that makes a bang sound and want to play with it.
Sorry you can't make it, but understand. I'll be waiting for a report on the new toy.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi All .. I live in Milwaukie and have been a Stromtrooper for a couple of years. Would like to meet local VStrom folks .. let me know where and when. Thanks!
Ken
Excellent Ken! Look forward having you join in. I'll get the location pinned down shortly. Plan to meet 9:30/9:45 this Sat. Keith

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang! I'll be out of town the next few weekends...looks like I will have to wait to get a meet up in next year...
bassbronco, I've yet to meet you. Looks like another time, sorry you can't make it this time.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Wish I could go. I'm helping a buddy with an estate sale. There is something that goes bang that I am interested in that's gunna be there and a cache if ammo.

I really wanted to make the toy run and didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wish I could go. I'm helping a buddy with an estate sale. There is something that goes bang that I am interested in that's gunna be there and a cache if ammo.

I really wanted to make the toy run and didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Yeah, sorry you can't make it Reaper. Was hoping you'd be there too! I know you support the kids. Although crowd's are not my thing. I'll forge into the sea of humanity for the kids at the hospital. :thumbup:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking to support local coffee shops and stay away from the BIG Guys.... With that said, anyone familiar with True Brew Coffee House at 3370 SE Milwaukie Avenue. Has pretty good reviews and looks to have enough room for a herd of Stromtroopers and steeds.

If anyone has objections to this location speak up now and make another suggestion. Otherwise we'll plan on meeting at True Brew around 9:30AM Saturday.

Also, if you're not into doing the Toy Run, no worries. Don't let that keep you from meeting for coffee and getting to know fellow Stromtroopers. You may find you have more in common than what you put between your legs! :yikes:
Hope to see you there.

Ventureman

You can google, Portland - "Abate Toy Run" for more information pertaining to the ride and toy suggestions.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Looking to support local coffee shops and stay away from the BIG Guys.... With that said, anyone familiar with True Brew Coffee House at 3370 SE Milwaukie Avenue. Has pretty good reviews and looks to have enough room for a herd of Stromtroopers and steeds.

If anyone has objections to this location speak up now and make another suggestion. Otherwise we'll plan on meeting at True Brew around 9:30AM Saturday.

Also, if you're not into doing the Toy Run, no worries. Don't let that keep you from meeting for coffee and getting to know fellow Stromtroopers. You may find you have more in common than what you put between your legs! :yikes:
Hope to see you there.

Ventureman

You can google, Portland - "Abate Toy Run" for more information pertaining to the ride and toy suggestions.
I've done the toy run a couple of times. It can be a little nerve-racking when you are riding next to some people that can't ride very well though, so be careful!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've done the toy run a couple of times. It can be a little nerve-racking when you are riding next to some people that can't ride very well though, so be careful!
Thanks porsche, I've experienced it a few times before and your advice is well taken and appreciate the concern. I try to surround myself with competent riders. Often times you see folks that need to go back to the MCSC. :jawdrop:
Looking at the positive, at least we'll already be heading towards the hospital... :green_lol:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi all, thought we'd do an update as weather turned to sub-freezing conditions with possible snow in the forecast.

I personally, plan to ride the Toy Run, if roads remain clear. With that said I don't expect anyone to brave these wintry conditions. If you so desire to feel the cold crisp air burning your nostrils and enjoy fogging visors, I'd be happy to have you join me, otherwise we can postpone until another time.

We have lots of time to do meet and greets before actual riding season is upon us and we scurry off to our own destinations and personal quest.

I'll be heading home tomorrow evening and will do an update early Saturday morning. Depending on conditions, I may even jump in the cage to confirm road worthiness prior to posting an update.

Safety is of upmost importance so please consider your riding conditions and ability.

Phil, you may need to chip ice from the boats to stay afloat for the parade.

Ventureman

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yea, well we got a dusting of snow last night. I normalley will ride in 35-40 degree weather, but when theres a chance of ICE, I wimp out :thumbdown:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hope you aren't riding back from the east side of the state, looks to be a pretty bad commute this evening!
Yes, we'll another late night commute from the eastside of the Cascades. Currently 11degrees and snowing. Suppose to continue until midnight so I know it'll be and interesting ride home.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 45 Posts