StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
used mine for the first time this weekend. very easy to use, sturdy and stable, at least on a level garage floor. it shouldn't be a problem packing it away and using it on the road, but you'd want your bike on a firm, flat surface i think. all in all, great product and good value.

·
Registered
37 Posts
question - is the oil level accurate when on a stand, or do I have to have it down on both wheels, and some how standing upright?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Just received my Shermworks stand tonight. It was a little challenging to get the bike up on the right stand because I had a flat tire. I leaned the bike over on the side stand until it fell into place. I am glad I waited for delivery instead of opening my wallet up to the Suzuki dealer.

P

·
0 Posts
I am trying to decide which of these jacks to get: The rear wheel only one or the new one on the website that can do both. The rear wheel only one looks a little more stable?

Sherm?

patsue

·
Registered
387 Posts
OOOO spiffy!

I was just lamenting this morning that my toy budget for the month couldn't *quite* accomadate the trunk and the centerstand. This neatly solves that little problem.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just ordered mine. I have high hopes. It sure will be a lot easier to lube my chain with the back wheel off the ground.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:lol: I had been debating on a center stand since I bought my DL100 K6. Saw the reviews on Sherm's open road motor-stand and ordered one. It arrived in less than a week and I just used it. It is very sturdy and makes more sense for my needs than a center stand. A bargain at $40.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I got my Shermworks stand yesterday. It took a little over a week to get here which is pretty good where I live.
The stand took a bit of fiddling with to get attached. I finally cleaned the threads on the swingarm and it went much smoother!!
Once attached, the stand is remarkably easy to get the bike up with. Once up the whole thing has a very solid feel to it.
Getting off the stand was a little trickier but it just took a bit of practice.
The stand is not as quick as a centre stand but works very well and is a whole lot less expensive. After use the two halves of the stand fit together and pack away fairly compactly.
A pretty good bargain in my opinion and Sherm is very good with customer service.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've been extremely pleased with my Shermworks stand. As noted, it takes a little more time than a centerstand, but it works great and stores easily with the attached bungee and the brake-velcro wrapped around it.

I found it very solid, very simple to use after the first time, and incredibly useful to have around. Granted, a center stand has advantages too, but as a real-world affordable option, sherm's the way to go.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
What a great idea Sherm. I already have a centerstand but I will be in touch with you about one for another bike. Thanks for a very innovative and cost effective solution.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ok- bought one a few minutes ago. I have to say I have not been steered wrong yet by everyone on this forum. The reviews are positive and since I do not have a centerstand, this one seems to be the ticket.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just got back from the US with my Open-Road stand and tried it out today. Everything worked as dicussed in the previous pages. Had to lube up the left side swingarm hole since it had accumulated junk in the threads, but in less than 10 minutes I was spinning my wheel and lubing my chain the easy way. Very happy with the bargain alternative to a centerstand.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Having recently destroyed the mounting points for my H+B centerstand, I pulled the shermworks stand back out and hooked it up. It continues to rock, and provides a very solid, wide platform from which to work. I may end up snagging the smaller more portable sherm stand for travelling (0 luggage space usage being the only real advantage of a centerstand over the sherm).

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've tried to email Sherm with a couple of questions regardng his stand but keep getting my emails sent back, is he still making/selling the shermworks stand?

Dan

21 - 40 of 52 Posts