StromTrooper banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a warm jacket and pants, balaclava, heated grips, and generic hippo hands so I'm pretty toasty. Problem is my feet are cold.

What's your solution.

BTW, I'm too cheap to pay $60 for heated socks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Everything's nice and toasty, except for my toes.

I tried the chemical toe warmer packets but they don't work well (not enough oxygen to keep them warm). I just ordered some insulated boots so I'll see how they do.

Kamik Dawson Boots

pmk

·
Registered
944 Posts
You could get a BMW with a boxer motor... :green_lol:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Thin pair of wool socks + Plastic bag (from a loaf of bread) + Thick pair of wool socks. This is an old trick used by ice fishermen. It works surprisingly well. Instead of bread bags, I actually customized some plastic in the shape of my foot and heat sealed the seams.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Try some from Cabela's. Not bad for $22.00. I was not able to get the link to work. Cabela's.com

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
In the winter I wear Smartwool hiking socks and Matterhorn insulated boots. Works for me

And yes, I know they are not designated motorcycle boots

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
In the winter I wear Smartwool hiking socks and Matterhorn insulated boots. Works for me

And yes, I know they are not designated motorcycle boots
In winter I wear these rubber boots from Canadian Tire, that look like Motorcycle boots. The have a neoprene upper and a great fit.
Men's Neoprene Rubber Boot | Canadian Tire

& I use a thick pair of furry socks from Walmart ($4)

feet are toasty warm even at sub zero temps...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I do the same as, Satch. Works great. Cuts down on the windchill. I even went as far as making a plastic tip for my boot, but they would fall off all the time and never held up.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Tight footwear will restrict blood flow and make the feet/toes cold.
I 100% agree with that. The matterhorns I use for winter are the same size I wear regularly, 10.5, but they are wide allowing for the extra room necessary for that air insulation. Good point

·
Registered
22,426 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Everything's nice and toasty, except for my toes.

I tried the chemical toe warmer packets but they don't work well (not enough oxygen to keep them warm). I just ordered some insulated boots so I'll see how they do.

Kamik Dawson Boots

pmk

the look like they will work well, in what I call frigid cold (below 20) I wear my Sorels that have a removable felt liner, above that, my Wolverine work boots I wear year round are sufficient

on my SV, I had to modify the shifter to use my Sorels, but no problems with my Vee

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Tight footwear will restrict blood flow and make the feet/toes cold.
+1

My motorcycle boots are a little loose with normal socks but with wool socks they are just right. Not to mention they are wind proof and insulated.

Motorcycle boots don't need to super tight anyways. I don't do any hiking in them or anything else. I just ride and bring other shoes if need be.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
+1

My motorcycle boots are a little loose with normal socks but with wool socks they are just right. Not to mention they are wind proof and insulated.

Motorcycle boots don't need to super tight anyways. I don't do any hiking in them or anything else. I just ride and bring other shoes if need be.
Same here. To use the sock/plastic bag/sock method your boots need to be roomy enough to allow for the extra thickness.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

Wear a warm head covering---balaclava or whatever fits well under the helmet. The brain takes warm blood away from the extremities to keep itself warm.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice version. I was thinking about the original Popsicle Toes by Michael Frank but I like the Diana Krall version.

Wear a warm head covering---balaclava or whatever fits well under the helmet. The brain takes warm blood away from the extremities to keep itself warm.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Normally a good pair of motorcycle boots and wool socks like others have said. However for my annual ride to Daytona Beach, FL for Bike Week in March I hook up my Gerbing heated socks that plug into my heated pants liner that plug into my heated jacket liner that lets me plug my heated gloves in. After all this I go under (the fairing that is) and unplug one headlight so hopefully the stator will survive to see the return trip :yikes: :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts