StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Oh no I am sure this is on purpose. It's the kinder gentler fill my pockets owner. They truly are enthusiasts for the mighty $$. :thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
If you ignore the ad (close it) it will not reappear unless you clear your cache.

I have forwarded a link to this thread to the Site Administrator and closed the thread at this stage.

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
This it s program brought to you by the site sponsoring vendors. The idea is the notice appears when there is a group buy offered. We worked very hard to get these deals for you guys and the current one is a pair of riding gloves worth about $100 for $40. There will be others down the road but if you have no interest in this just close the box and it will not re appear.

If you want a deal on gloves and locked out out you can visit this link to see what the discount program is about. DriverDeals : Group buys for Motorcycle and Automotive parts and services

Have unlocked the tread I am on here all day, so I can hopefully answer questions for you guys.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I don't like the ads, but the site is free and they are easy enough to click through. For me, it's trade off that is more than fair.

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
You mean it's a program brought to us by the new owner's of Stromtrooper?
I don't like the ads, but the site is free and they are easy enough to click through. For me, it's trade off that is more than fair.
Yes, VS owns DriverDeals. We have worked very hard to line up a bunch of new deals for everyone from vendors on the motorcycle.com network. This was a big deal to announce this new venture and wanted to get it out there to as many members as possible. The popup will disappear when you close it and will not come back unless you clear your cookies.

There will also be a PM soon in your inbox with details about the program and the first deal offered. This is currently not expected to happen again after today. If you opt in you can get some very good deals if you opt out you will not be bothered. The site is free, and we are only trying to get you a better price on things you use.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Phil,

One thing that should be considered is that this site has many international members. It would be really good if you could line up vendors who were willing and able to supply to those who don't live in the USA. If that cannot happen then the pop ups are simply a nuisance to a good proportion of the site membership and are effectively a waste of effort on the part of vendors.

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
Gotcha, they where looking at the whole network of motorcycle.com sites. I was just told this was expected to be a one time announcement for the program and the site.

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
And just a heads up there will be a PM in everyone's box tomorrow with the details. This PM blast will be a one and only introduction to the promotion and will not be expected to happen again.

If you want to read it and check it out it is for a deal on gloves. If you don't care please just delete it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think it's OK for "Offers" as long as they are filtered to a separate thread. There will be plenty of people cruising that separate thread to justify the expense for the owner's of Stromtroopers.com.

If "Offers" are blantently targeted to all members, the market targeted will go away rather quickly. (Ole capitalistic trick).

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
Fortunately this was the only site wide blast you will get about this. In future the check into the driverdeals once a week to see what new is being offered, you never know what you might be in the market for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For a free site that really, REALLY has helped me as a noob to both stroke and motorcycling, I'm OK with the odd ad...especially when they are for exclusive deals.

Thanks - Bluerocker

·
Welfare Funder
375 Posts
I think Premium members should be able to opt out. I paid so I didn't have to hassle with this and now it's back. DANG!

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I just got it for the second tine,
PM = Personal mail
Spam = spam
Contributing member = annoyed, canceling future contributions.
If your money is coming from your sales, you don't need my money.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
For a free site that really, REALLY has helped me as a noob to both stroke and motorcycling, I'm OK with the odd ad...especially when they are for exclusive deals.
Thanks - Bluerocker
This isn't a free site for everybody. Many of us are financial supporters

I think Premium members should be able to opt out. I paid so I didn't have to hassle with this and now it's back. DANG!
Agreed, Pay once, leave me alone after that. There is a whole section for vendors with many restrictions.

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
I just got it for the second tine,
PM = Personal mail
Spam = spam
Contributing member = annoyed, canceling future contributions.
If your money is coming from your sales, you don't need my money.
The pm was a one time thing. The pop up will dissapear and not return if you close it. It is cookie based so if you clear your cookies regularly the popup will return but will always go away after you close it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.