StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my beloved Throttlemeisters that are currently on my BMW will not carry over to the Wee, damn...

It appears the BMW has threaded end handlebars that directly accept the bar end weights, whereas the Wee has a rubber insert with a long threaded bolt to sung up the rubber insert, so on to plan B.

I really like the Kaoko throttle lock that TT offers, but for the cheap term, has anyone tried any of the clamp type throttle locks on the Wee?

Good, Bad, or Ugly? The price is right though....

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Those are a good, inexpensive answer to the problem. I've got the Go-Cruise. For 20 bucks it works ok.
I had the Throttlemeister on an RT-P and didn't like them. I'd forget I'd set them and was fight the resistance of the friction. Made my hand tired.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I've got the Go-Cruise. For 20 bucks it works ok.
+1 on the $20 Go Cruise.

I just got one and it is ideal, so simple to put on [a couple of seconds] and you can easily remove it and put it in your pocket if you think it might get stolen while your bike is parked- but most people wouldn't even notice it was on the bike anyway.

And I can swap it to my other bike [though I'm not sure I'd want to use it on the old KLR as it spends more time in the bush than on the highway].

·
Registered
833 Posts
Those are a good, inexpensive answer to the problem. I've got the Go-Cruise. For 20 bucks it works ok.
I had the Throttlemeister on an RT-P and didn't like them. I'd forget I'd set them and was fight the resistance of the friction. Made my hand tired.
Does the Go-Cruise work with the hand-guard ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ordered mine, hope its here before friday. Going to ride down to Grants pass then over to the coast.

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Does the Go-Cruise work with the hand-guard ?
Yeah, it works, I have some interference but my hand guard is a bit tweaked from a crash.
I use a cramp Buster too. But it's nice to set the GoCruise and have the right hand free.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had one of those like Stoked pictured on my FZ6. It was a bit difficult to tune correctly since it's based on friction, but it worked fine generally. I like the simplicity of the Go-Cruise!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input guys, I think I'll order the Go-Cruise. Seems fairly simple and inexpensive, it'll help on those long rides.

It even works with the Grip Puppies that I just put on (if you cut or squeeze back about 3/8" to expose some original grip for it to fit on.

Here is a pic and a link for anyone curious...can't go wrong for $20

motorcycle throttle control

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Fair warning on the Go Cruise, they have been known to break it not installed carefully. Some guys attempted to take it off and move it from bike to bike and had a failure. The maker made good on them though. Warrantied for a year.
Comes with a rubber band that provides extra friction in case you get slippage.
I met Billy, the maker, on a ride and he had me try the prototype. I was sold!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did see the warning instructions about installing and removing it, being careful to not "open" it up too much.

·
Administrator
17,256 Posts
Go Cruise doesnt work as good as my cheap Caterpillar oring.

·
Registered
113 Posts
what is the bar size?

I like the idea of the Go Cruise. My new wee doesn't arrive until Friday so can anyone tell me the handlebar size? I see 7/8 & 1" sizes listed, but guessing it's 7/8" ?

I used the catapillar O-ring on my old BMW GSA. Just slid it between the bar end and the grip and it was a .98 cent cruise control that worked wonderfully. Hmmm... I missed Brian's post just prior to this one. Have a couple Cat o-rings left... guess I'll try that first!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've used the first one you pictured, the NEP CC-4. Works great for < $25 :thumbup:

Had a garage mishap where it was oddly the only thing broken :headbang:
Mirror folded in, windscreen flexed, but the CC-4 snapped. Went out and bought another one :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Thinking of getting the Go Cruise; Iron Butt SS1000 is coming up in a few weeks.. :hurray:

How does it behave when braking? Is it easy to 'cancel' by twisting 'forward' the throttle or does it resist strongly?
Wouldn't want to loose ability to safely reduce speed or stop.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thinking of getting the Go Cruise; Iron Butt SS1000 is coming up in a few weeks.. :hurray:

How does it behave when braking? Is it easy to 'cancel' by twisting 'forward' the throttle or does it resist strongly?
Wouldn't want to loose ability to safely reduce speed or stop.
It rolls forward, no problem. Also, I think its a more natural movement than flicking the thumb switch off on some other model.
I'm using the GoCruise over Suzuki heated grips, with the silicone ring in place, fwiw. I also dialed in just a touch more free play into the throttle cable to make it easier to get fully back to idle, but it wasn't really needed.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just put one on my bike and have not ridden with it yet, but it easy to roll the throttle against it to cancel, much like my Thottlemiesters.

There is just barely enough friction to hold it in place, it only takes a forward twist on the throttle to turn it off.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts