StromTrooper banner

Which of the 2012 DL650 colors do you prefer?

• BLACK

Votes: 38 13.8%
  • WHITE

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • ORANGE

Votes: 126 45.8%
  • Show Results Only

Votes: 10 3.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm curious to know what you think of the new DL650 colors. I'm aware that not all colors are available everywhere. But if you had your choice of any of the three colors: Black, White, Orange, which would you choose?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ummm, guess :green_lol:

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
I've got an orange one on order, stopped by the dealer today just to harass him and tell him I'm anxious. Haven't had a bike in that parking spot in the garage since Sept. 7th, it just ain't right.

·
Registered
552 Posts
White...it just looks good.

The Orange...NAH!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Going with orange until I see them in person. White is a close 2nd but it depends on the day. Sometimes orange is a close second.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I love white bikes... except the ones with the blue rotating lights :yesnod:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have an Orange on order. Supposed to get delivery in December. Great Dealer within 25 miles. Have been waiting since 2004 when I bought my new Black V-Strom, to find a worthy addition to the stable. Olde Reliable ain't goin' away - just adding on. For the 2012's it's like they asked me personally what changes to make, to cause me to buy another V-Strom. My 2004 - DL650 is my most favorite motorcycle (up 'til now - it looks like the 2012 will move it to second place on the all-time favorite list), out of more than 50 bikes (Gold Wings, Cruisers, UJMs, Dual Purpose/Enduros, and even a V-Max) in over 46 years of riding. I am really excited about the 2012's and I love the Fox Orange Metallic. Yee - Haw !!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Honestly, the cheapest one. ;) But I think the previous generation wee looks good in black (its slimming). Having said that, I thought that I would never own a black motorcycle (shows dirt, scratches, gets too hot in the sun, etc.). But now I do own one.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
All look great. The 2012 really looks nicer. I like the orange, then black as a second choice.

On a tangent ... I wish they had updated the 2012 Vee in a similar manner as that might grab me enough to buy one. How about an ABS DL1000 in orange with the new styling. And make both bikes available with black laced wheels.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Got to have that orange color, also I think orange has a lot of visibility, after all hunters wear it so do highway construction workers, except the orange wee looks a lot more cool on that bike.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
No vote. Would have to see them in person to choose between white and orange. I would tend toward white, but could like the orange a lot, if the right shade.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I don't much care for the orange in the present wee, but think it's the best looking of the three colours in the new 2012, probably because there's less of it. A nice benefit to the newer bike is a lot less painting needed if you want something non standard.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Orange coming my way!!!

Yes I did it!!! I just ordered mine today. Unfortanately the dealer will not get it in until late January. Oh well, worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
For some reason, those 3 spoke rims look dated compared to the newer looks.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts