• never dropped the bike and can flat foot it easily

Votes: 37 33.9%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the poll on dropping the bike, and that got me to wondering about a related question.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I can't vote on this pole as I have dropped bikes that are too tall for me, and bikes that I can easily flat foot.

·
Registered
475 Posts
At 6'4" there are precious few bikes I can not flat foot.

·
Registered
386 Posts
At 6'4" there are precious few bikes I can not flat foot.
+1

at a long-legged 6'4", i can flat-foot my wee with a bend in my knees :) .

the only time i've ever dropped a bike (not the wee) was when i tried to take off with the disc lock still on the front rotor . . . . :mad: . that was a GS500E.

frye

·
Off Wee-ing in the woods
676 Posts
I can flat foot my wee, but I dropped it in the garage while standing next to it so I don't know if that really counts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have a noob question. When you say "flat-foot" does that mean both feet planted on the ground?

I can't do that but can with one foot.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm 6'3 and can pretty easily flat-foot the bike with both feet. HOWEVER, when I had a Corbin Dual Sport on the bike I could only tippy-toe it. (one of the reasons I don't use it). I do have a long torso and relatively short legs for my height though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dirt or Paved??

I recently moved from a BMW to a Wee. I am new to the USA and have not taken the Wee off pavement, yet. I often had the BMW on dirt, but am a little concerned with the higher CG of the wee relative to my height on dirt. If it starts to go over and the footing is loose or there is a dip on that side who knows. I am sure the better one is able to flat foot the bike the higher the odds of keeping the beast upright. I wonder how many of those that fall into the category of having dropped the strom and can not properly flat foot it, did it on dirt??

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dropped my bike twice at complete stops, from laces of my old boots getting caught in the shifter. I wear riding boots with velcro closers now :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can't even flat-foot a lowered DL1000 ride

164 lbs and 5"8" with a 31" inseam; lowering links and raised fork tubes; can tippy-toe both feet with my harness boots. Dumped twice, each when panic-stopping in the middle of low speed turn in parking lot when cut off by cage drivers going through stop signs. Did learn that I can squat-lift a decreasing 465 lbs as I straighten the ride up with a back-facing lift. The lower cg also improves the ride even more at high speeds and in the twisties. Never dropped my sportbike, but figured I was getting too mature at 56 to drag pegs.

·
Registered
365 Posts
"Flat-footing" would be with both feet firmly on the ground.
Ah, thanks. Dumb question, but it's one of those things that I'm pretty sure I know what it means but have to clarify.

Nope, can't, but as long as I can get one foot flat I feel comfortable with it. After 12,000 miles on a Connie the Wee rides like a bicycle ;)

Now watch me drop it tonight :mad:.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts