StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get those rubber pointy things off the edge of the tires? I've tried side cutters, but they still leave a nub.

·
Administrator
17,520 Posts
Ignore them, or go hit the twisties REALLY HARD!!!!!! They will wear off eventually, don't sweat it.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
How do you get those rubber pointy things off the edge of the tires? I've tried side cutters, but they still leave a nub.
You're a nub.:razz:

·
Registered
476 Posts
The best way is to take a (detail) belt sander to them. just be sure not to leave a flat spot when you do it.

Actually.. scratch that and just do the twisties real hard. The sander is the second best. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
They are supposed to be there. Sort of like rubber studs for cornering on ice.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The best way is to take a (detail) belt sander to them. just be sure not to leave a flat spot when you do it.
That would make mobile rumble strips wouldn't it?

·
Registered
476 Posts
That would make mobile rumble strips wouldn't it?
Not as long as you are careful about it. You don't need to take a lot off... just buff it enough to take the nibs off. We do it in the factory all the time when the vent sleaves slip in the molds. That is what the "nibs" are... vents in the mold to allow the air out so the rubber can flow and fill the cavities that form the tread and lettering on the tire. (when the sleave slips it leaves a BIG nib on the tire.. about 5* the size of a normal vent)

Btw. you can use a "flap wheel" sander as well just be careful not to take too much off and leave a flat spot.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Not as long as you are careful about it. You don't need to take a lot off... just buff it enough to take the nibs off.
Sorry Forseti, It was just a joke! My feable attempt at humor.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
DO NOT REMOVE THEM. Like the tags on mattresses and pillows, it is illegal to remove your nubbies. My 3rd cousin's best friend's brother heard that a guy was thrown under a prison for that. Seriously.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Your mechanic or dealer has made a terrible mistake. The points or nubs go on the inside of the tire. Your tires were installed inside out. Return to your point of installation immediately to have them installed correctly!!

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Celebrate them.
As you get older you celebrate anything that stands up straight on its own.

·
Registered
476 Posts
So will the "flap wheel" bolt up to the Strom? Great traction!
Sure.. however you do need to fabricate a adapter in order to attatch the drive sprocket and brake disk.

Just think of the holes you could dig in the parkin lot doing a smoke show!! :confused: :twisted:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts