StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
If you search amazon.com for "pocketchair" you get this one and several other similar stools and chairs. Good stuff for camping.

·
Registered
325 Posts
obviously, those people havn't seen Indiana women. Might work for a 10 year old:thumbdown:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Don't know, I think it might work OK as long as you don't exceed the weight limit and don't twist too much in it. It does look a bit fragile. I like the concept though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
obviously, those people havn't seen Indiana women. Might work for a 10 year old:thumbdown:
Are you saying that Indiana women are all on the heavy side? I haven't checked the stats on obesity in various states recently. I don't get to Indiana often but happy to know many women and men in my area of Virginia who would be able to use that chair. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
21 Posts
These stools are great for bike travel. I have a Kermit Chair that I bought for trips only to find that it would not fit in my panniers. I have never taken it anywhere on the bike. I bought one of these at the Tac Shop on Camp Shelby a few years ago for about $10-12 and have taken on every camping trip since.

It's not made for big boys but it holds my 170 pound but very well. It's stronger than you might think.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
I use the Alite monarch chair; two of them fit in my cases and take up less space than the kermit (which doesn't even fit). It's the most comfortable camping chair I've ever sat in, and I often sit in it at home too (that's how comfy it is).

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
pocket chair looks like it would be good as part of your tool kit. use it to do road side repair or maintenance.

+1 on the Alite Monarch. saving up to get three. yes, saving.

·
Premium Member
Former 2x DL650 owner; moved onto Super Tenere ES
522 Posts
I use the Alite monarch chair; two of them fit in my cases and take up less space than the kermit (which doesn't even fit). It's the most comfortable camping chair I've ever sat in, and I often sit in it at home too (that's how comfy it is).
+2
When packed this is literally the size of a Nalgene bottle. Bought mine at EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) after a trial sitting for $59. Not for everyone but small, light, and comfy for me even at 220lbs. I almost want another for my wife ... but then again she rarely rides with me.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I just use a 3 legged folding stool. Kermit chairs are expensive because you have to buy a BMW to get one.....

·
Registered
325 Posts
Are you saying that Indiana women are all on the heavy side? I haven't checked the stats on obesity in various states recently. I don't get to Indiana often but happy to know many women and men in my area of Virginia who would be able to use that chair. :biggrinjester:
After age 10, you could show Army training films on their asses:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another vote for the Alite

+3 for the monarch chair. I ordered it for backpacking, where it is great; I never figured I'd use it for motorcycle camping because the state and national park campsites I visit always have a picnic table, so why haul a chair? At least, that's what I thought, but when I received the chair and tried it out, I found it so comfortable and convenient that I added it to my motorcycle packing list.

It's large enough to be comfortable, but small enough that I can use it inside my tent, which is nice when the mosquitoes are out in force!

·
Registered
294 Posts
+3 for the monarch chair.
I checked out that Monarch Butterfly chair, pretty cool. If you could figure out a way to add a folding front leg to it, so it was stable on it's own, that would rock. You could still rock back on it but you wouldn't need your legs for stability and it would stay upright when you got up.

A friend of mine had this cool Kawasaki compact 4 legged camp chair at a recent jetski trip. I need to ask him more about it. I don't see it listed on Kawi's website.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If you carry a thermarest with you, you could do worse than one of the slings that turn them into chairs. It won't get you off the ground, but will give you a comfortable spot and a backrest and packs down to nothing.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I use a folding chair with a back...no frame, just sits on the ground. Very similar to the Alite Caterpillar Works well for me, but something a little smaller would be easier to carry along.

This may be the most people who agreed with Sitting Duck in one thread, ever!!!

:D

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
[...]

This may be the most people who agreed with Sitting Duck in one thread, ever!!!

:D
Yeah; that's funneh. It's encouraging though, it means that people are actually disagreeing specific ideas, and not just with everything I say out of principle.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've seen the monarch chair and they look comfortable for just sitting. However, I need/want a chair that I can sit on when I'm getting dressed. I use a Nomad tent and get dressed in the outer area. I have a folding chair with a back (Walmart for $10.) that collapses down to about 4" diameter, 24" long that holds my weight (180#) quite nicely.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Yeah; that's funneh. It's encouraging though, it means that people are actually disagreeing specific ideas, and not just with everything I say out of principle.
nah, i think they were just noobs and don't know protocol yet. oh wait. i was the first one to agree with you. i should go back and change that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts