StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CL-850 series bags worked perfectly on my old '05 Wee but on my first trip on the '15 Glee, the neoprene pad appears to have sagged onto the muffler at the rear.

Does anyone have experience with the PM Racks and Nelson-Riggs bags on the Glee? Do they keep them off the muffler?

·
Registered
528 Posts
i had them on my glee. The pm racks were great. The nelson riggs bags were ok. The rear most velcro straps were only overlapping an inch or two over the seat. I ordered an extension strap for better hold. My biggest gripe with those bags were the useless rain covers. About as useful as boobs on a man - and that was before they decided to take flight on the highway.

·
Premium Member
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had them on my glee. The pm racks were great. The nelson riggs bags were ok. The rear most velcro straps were only overlapping an inch or two over the seat. I ordered an extension strap for better hold. My biggest gripe with those bags were the useless rain covers. About as useful as boobs on a man - and that was before they decided to take flight on the highway.
Good to hear the racks work well.

I've had good luck and no issues with my N-R bags (of course I live in SoCal so rain is generally not an issue). I use them once or twice a year and I like the convenience of just lifting them off when I stop for the night. I use the Glee to commute so unless I'm traveling I want to keep a slim profile for lane splitting.

·
Premium Member
3,543 Posts
"Moobs"

...careful...some of us have them:yesnod:

·
Registered
271 Posts

I have a set of the same saddlebags, and find them great. I do not use the rain covers, just use garbage bags inside of them. I made my own support from some 3/16" thick 3/4" wide steel. Works great for me. Of course I welded them, took out the bolt on the bottom and painted them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts