StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've basically got the GPS hard-wired, but am adding two plugs (cig lighter and BMW-type) to the shelf I got from Rick Hughes
( http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=107675789069 ). Cool shelf by the way.

What's the common wisdom from the group on whether to make the plugs switched, or unswitched? I installed the Suzuki hand warmer pigtail when I connected the GPS. I'll either go to the headlight (I think) for switched, or directly to the battery for unswitched.

Also, if I go direct, do you think it's a good idea to fuse each outlet separately, even if I share parallel wiring to both, or can I use a single fuse?

Appreciate your help guys . . .

K

·
0 Posts
I went with a fuse block and wired it directly. Then, based on the fuse size, I can control the circuit without another inline fuse. Nothing I want to power needed to be switched and I didn't want to tap into the wiring harness. Oh, and I just have a single powerlet to run heated clothing, and a GPS currently.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen some good threads on fuse blocks . . . it seems like a good idea. As the LT rider said: "I needed two plugs to power the espresso machine and coffee grinder."

Thanks . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts