StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking to find out what you good folks have used to enhance visibility from the rear-view?

Looking for a pre-built set-up that would only need wiring and installation.

Anything you'all have that's a major enhancement in visibility for braking, turning, and riding without using brake or turn signals?

I'm planning on putting automotive reflective tape on the backs of my bags but want more dynamic light movement to get attention from the cars behind.

best all,

Scribe308

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
I use a tailblazer flasher on my bike, very effective. I have had guys come up to me at a light to tell me how noticeable it is.

tailBlazer

I used to have lights wired up to my top box too but they flashed just a tiny bit slower than the tail light and I didn't like the look so removed them.

For plugnplay you could buy the Eastern Beaver harness that is made for our bikes with a wire for a flasher, then splice it in. No wires to cut or anything.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I'm using the Admore mini light bar. Flashes on braking and has sequential turn signals as well. Can use it with or without the tail light. I got the smoked lens and mounted it to the bottom of the license plate. Wired it up using the Eastern Beaver adapters. A little pricey but a really nice set-up. If you just want your stock light to flash, the aforementioned Tailblazer is good.

AdMore SMT Light Bar (small)

Reactions: Bugzy

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
It isn't very hard. probably some experience is helpful but I don't think neccessary.

How hard was this to wire in?
you can use the supplied positaps to tap into the tail, brake and signal wires. I think admore supplies positaps with that product.

but using the eastern beaver tail light adapter here .......
VStrom makes it easy. no cutting into the wiring harness, then it's just connect the correct wires. these Posi-Lock work great as connectors and beaver has them too.

a voltmeter helps to identify the correct wires. to connect wires I like to use posi connectors.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
How hard was this to wire in?
I had to drill a hole or two to run the cable up under the seat, then I just connected to the Eastern Beaver wires. I wrote down the wire colors for the EB if you use those. I could also probably look up bike harness colors for lighting as well if you're just going to tap directly in.

If you tap into the bike wiring, either solder or use the Posi-taps mentioned above - don't use those cheap squeeze-things you see a lot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm using the Admore mini light bar. Flashes on braking and has sequential turn signals as well. Can use it with or without the tail light. I got the smoked lens and mounted it to the bottom of the license plate. Wired it up using the Eastern Beaver adapters. A little pricey but a really nice set-up. If you just want your stock light to flash, the aforementioned Tailblazer is good.

AdMore SMT Light Bar (small)

Looks great! Honestly I wasn't sure what I wanted, but after seeing the video, This is exactly what I was looking for!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Admore light bar mounted and inside of fender showing cable routing.

Great pics. Good to know exactly where they are intended to be mounted.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I debated about mounting above or below, actually had it above on another bike. Aesthetically it probably looks better above, and you can use the same mounting screws, but IIRC I thought it might block the license plate light from above. Six of one...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Soooo, I take nothing in the plug and play dept... Sad face.

Look mom, I'm on Tapatalk!

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I know by plug-n-play, the OP is asking for an "out of the box" plug-in solution; but here's what I did to create my own plug-n-play setup (click here).

It's a Skene IQ-160 controller that controls both the stock brake/tail light and the additional P3 lights mounted to the side of the license plate.

The only modification to the bike is a tiny hole drilled in the tail for the P3 wires. The entire setup can be unplugged and returned to stock with no splices.

Tipsy

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Soooo, I take nothing in the plug and play dept... Sad face.

with the eastern beaver kit the admore light is just bolt it on and connect the wires. I found no need to drill any holes. easy to feed the wire from the unit under the back of the seat. to route the wire from the unit a couple of wire ties work. when you bolt on the unit have the wire out facing down to prevent possible moisture issues though it is sealed.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
with the eastern beaver kit the admore light is just bolt it on and connect the wires. I found no need to drill any holes. easy to feed the wire from the unit under the back of the seat. to route the wire from the unit a couple of wire ties work. when you bolt on the unit have the wire out facing down to prevent possible moisture issues though it is sealed.
The problem with "plug and play" is, everyone makes up their own personal definition of what the only meaning should be.

Damaging wires to power up is far from plug and play.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts