StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to install a rear brake light modulator I got for Christmas but don't know what plug I need to use. I got a plug and play kit from Vizi-tec but they weren't sure if the connectors had changed on the 2017 650's. From my quick glance I don't see a plug resembling the one thats on my brake light modulator and the adapter that's on the eastern beaver website looks different as well. I don't store my bike at my house and its been pretty cold so I haven't had a chance to really dig into the bike. Does anyone know for sure where on the bike the plug I would need is located and what the connector looks like?

Thanks

(the one on the left looks different than the plugs on my vizi-tec kit)
https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/VStrom/NewDLs/body_newdls.html#bta

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just installed a set of hyperlights. I took off seat and then loosened the tail end and was able to get to a plug on the left side of the bike almost at the end of the tool tray. I tapped into the tail/brake light there. It's a plug but I don't think it looked like the one in your photo.

I believe there is another one that is located below the coolant tank / fusebox area but that one is a bit more difficult to get to IMO.

Jim

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
The plug for the eastern Beaver auxiliary panel is near the rear brake pedal

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Unless they changed in 2017 the wires that you are looking to intersect with are yellow with a green stripe (pwr) and white with a black stripe (earth).

·
Registered
14 Posts
What did you end up finding on this? I just got a SupaBrake II and am trying to figure out where to plug it in on my 2017 Wee. The plug for the brake light is kind of triangular, but that isn't what my SupaBrake came with.

·
Registered
232 Posts
@YJGUY

The Canadian 2017 Stroms seem to have the 2018 wiring harness. The white connectors on the bike are 4 pin, whereas most expect the 2017 to have a 5 pin connector. So you may find satisfaction getting a 2018 wiring harness / adaptor.

The black plug, with the blue centre portion that @Mingo shows, connects to the tail light unit, at the back of the bike, under the plastic. Rack and related plastic needs to come off. The plug on the light is at the right rear, as you sit on the bike. It is very hard to get your hand in to unplug the existing harness. It gives power, where as the 5 pin connectors seems to have one pin for power.

I ran into a similar dilemna with an Admore LED light bar on my Cdn 2017 650.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi All,

I would like to connect an AdMore Premium light bar to my 2017 DL650.

My connections are the same as BasicJim's pictures above. 3 wire, triangle-shaped Brake+Tail light. 4 wire turn signals + license plate running light.

I would like to keep it clean and use the Eastern Beaver connectors. But I don't see how the connector Mingo linked pictures of above, (which matches the V1 rear lighting adaptor pictured on the EB website), can be the correct one for 2017+ DL650s.

The AdMore is a 5 wire. Wondering in my naivety if I can use this bar and what the correct wiring would be?

Linked image shows the EB website harnesses, my current stock rear wire connections, the 2017+ rear lighting wiring diagram, and the AdMore wiring instructions...

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I emailed Eastern Beaver and sent them pictures of my 2017 DL650 3 pin break/running combo light connector.

Jim replied that his team would make some up and have them on the EB website in a week or two.

Until then I just used the posi-tap connectors included with the light bar, tapping into the three-pin connector lines for break/tail/ground, plus the L/R turn signal lines of the 4 pin.

Everything working like a charm. Absolutely loving the Admore Premium light bar. It's super bright and a major improvement to my visibility and thus safety.

Now if only I could film myself from behind while engine breaking to test the accelerometer functionality... I may have to recruit the wife.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts