StromTrooper banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Wee with (5,000 km) 3,000 mi on it at the end of June, and now I have about (13,000 km) 8,000 mi on it. Here's the thing, it's only gotten better! It revs freer, it has a little more snarl to it when getting on the throttle, and no lie, it seems quicker, more responsive. And get this, it's better in the wind (ok this one I know it's just me getting used to its quirks in the wind, but still...)

Ok am I just imagining things? Does this bike really get better once past those early miles?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I'm up to 47,000+km on mine and it is still getting quicker and going better. :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Yes; they get better as you get used to them (and them to you).
After a while, the enjoyment goes downhill though, and you realize the limitations of the chassis and the engine.
I'm hardly even using 5th and 6th gear anymore, and the vee isn't the solution (it's plagued with the same chassis and aerodynamics). My next bike is a K1200/K1300GT.

·
Registered
562 Posts
After a while, the enjoyment goes downhill though, and you realize the limitations of the chassis and the engine.
I'm hardly even using 5th and 6th gear anymore, and the vee isn't the solution (it's plagued with the same chassis and aerodynamics). My next bike is a K1200/K1300GT.
Well, its all in what you want. Had a BMW K100 RS ABS, traded up to a K1200. But then I sold my BMW K1200 GT and replaced it with a Triumph Tiger 1050....and never looked back. I loved the Wee but like many wanted a bit more...brakes, suspension and motor. The Tiger has twice the power and the other stuff to go along with it. Oh, it costs twice as much too. But my riding is the back roads of Kentucky, not the high speed long highway miles some want. Its all in what fits your desire and needs.

But I kept my Wee as it still fills a need and its worth more to me than what the "Blue Book" says it would sell for.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Yes, they do get better once you get past those initial miles. My father and I both bought WEE's at the same time (same day from same dealer). I have about 15,000 miles on mine while he has about 7,000 miles on his. I rode his this summer when I was home for a visit, and I noticed his wasn't as smooth and didn't shift as smoothly as mine did. He also noticed that mine sounded better and was smother running than his. I know this isn't scientific or anything but I do think they do get better once you get them broke in, say something like 8,000-10,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
i've had mine since 2006. i keep looking at new bikes, trying to get bored with mine but I just can't do it. A new Triumph for double the cash - Not Likely!
Paved roads to get there, gravel to play in, back trails to explore. what's not to love?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Somebody told me these were addicting, I'm going to tell you that is an understatement! I haven't had this much fun on a bike since I was a teenager!

·
Registered
353 Posts
engine noise and not sure on oil

I bought my 07 Wee used with 2200 miles and I actually think that now with about 17k the engine is quieter. I did do the vales about 10k but otherwise just oil.

For me I am not sure if it is faster in fact seems a tad slower or I just got used to to it - was step up in power from old R80.

Oil usage was bugging the heck out of me as it was using just enough to have to keep and eye on it (1/2 to 3/4 qt) - HOWEVER usage actually started to slow a bit prior change and I just checked the mileage from last change and I am over 3000 and it is holding its level. That is long time to break in so I figure the fact that PO put in full synthetic at 800 miles - and so I just continued --maybe it took longer to break in.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Mine went through motorcycle puberty at about 4,000 miles. It's hard to describe, but suddenly I noticed a distinctly deeper tone and it seemed to be more "alive".

·
Registered
618 Posts
Mine went through motorcycle puberty at about 4,000 miles. It's hard to describe, but suddenly I noticed a distinctly deeper tone and it seemed to be more "alive".
I was wondering what the official term for that was. Thank you for clearing that up.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I see they took the bait! :thumbup:

·
Administrator
14,224 Posts
My experience is that the bike keeps getting better and better as you ride it. I feel like I am now finally getting a handle on just how good this bike actually is!

..Tom

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I noticed improvements at 20,000 miles and 50,000 miles. The latter may have something to do with replacing wheel bearings, cleaning and re-greasing swingarm and shock linkage bearings plus putting in tapered roller steering head bearings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts