StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the thinking behind selling paper copies only of the factory service manuals and protecting the copyrights on them. As a moderator here, I police that right. However, it has become the industry standard to put owner's manuals online. They really don't have a target audience beyond bike owners and those interested in buying. Having access to the owners manual may even influence sales in your favor. People who buy used bikes often don't get a manual and every bike owner ought to have a right to an owner's manual.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
Owners manuals like tire valve caps, have a way of disappearing.
I've still got owners manuals from long gone bikes hiding in a forgotten drawer in the garage.
Posting them would be a boon to the have nots and a quick reference for those who don't want to lift the seat again.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I've never received an owner's/operator's manual with a bike, and i've had a few bikes. I've had the service manuals often handed down to me from the previous owner, but those some time don't have quite the same info.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Instead of trying to sell paper copies. They should provide an abbreviated manual with the bike and allow customers to download the full version. This would save them money in printing costs as well as show a "green initiative".

I read the FJ-09 manual and the Versys 1000 manual in PDF format while shopping for bikes. I wasn't able to read the V-Strom manual.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Guess I was lucky. I ended up with both the manual and warranty booklet with my 04 1000

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I get the thinking behind selling paper copies only of the factory service manuals and protecting the copyrights on them. As a moderator here, I police that right. However, it has become the industry standard to put owner's manuals online. They really don't have a target audience beyond bike owners and those interested in buying. Having access to the owners manual may even influence sales in your favor. People who buy used bikes often don't get a manual and every bike owner ought to have a right to an owner's manual.
I couldn't agree more!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm an Aussie living in Thailand and I can't get a manual in English, it's a total pain in the proverbial. Put a PDF manual on line in all languages and do your customers a favor Suzuki!

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Agree, put owner's manuals on line. In many regions the dealership parts counter can get them for a moderate cost...I've done it for other bikes.

Any Aussie want to offer to mail one to Johnsy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts