StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps it is something that I've done wrong, but when I attempt to report a broken link to the administrator, I receive error messages which end up as the broken link not being reported.
Can this process be tested and the necessary guidance be provided.

The example:-
Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Hi, the link to http://www.stromtrooper.com/maintenance-how/27756-dl650-valve-adjustment-notes-tips-4.html, with the link title Supplemental Guide To DL-650 Valve Adjustment, (Thanks "Whistler" and "Greywolf"). is broken. Any chance of it still being available. If removed from publication, is it available via email.
Thanx, Gert

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
Hi,
The Supplemental Guide To DL-650 Valve Adjustment, (Thanks "Whistler" and "Greywolf") is not broken for me.

Can you please post a screenshot the next time you see the error message? What browser and evice are you using?

Thanks,
Marie, Community Support

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
The thread works for me too.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using Windows XP Sp3 and Google Chrome. Thread http://www.stromtrooper.com/maintenance-how/27756-dl650-valve-adjustment-notes-tips-4.html, post #37 link "Even more pictures - Supplemental Guide To DL-650 Valve Adjustment, (Thanks "Whistler" and "Greywolf")." fails.
When I complete all the required sections of the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - Contact Us screen, I get an error message indicating that I have not completed one of the fields. Re-enter that field and same error message but with a different field as error.
Can you PM me an email address that I can send the screen dumps to? Thanx

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
The links work for me as well. Can you clear your browser cache and cookies, I'll take a look at your account in the meantime as well to see if there is a problem on there. Be right back.

Lee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry still no joy, I've retested using my laptop as well as the desk top pc (both have XP with Google chrome). I tried incognito and well as the normal Chrome. While the "notify the administrator" section is being solved, can you test that the link is valid under post 37, "Supplemental Guide To DL-650 Valve Adjustment, (Thanks "Whistler" and "Greywolf")" link address http://www.stromtrooper.com/maintenance-how/50552-supplemental-guide-dl-650-valve-adjustment-thanks-whistler-greywolf.html?
This is the thread link that I originally wanted to report, before discoving that I had a problem with the administrator link.
I did take few screen dumps of the notify the administrator link problem that I'm having. They are in pdf format and are too big to post here. Thanx for your support in attempting to resolve this technical glitch that I'm having.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Sorry still no joy, I've retested using my laptop as well as the desk top pc (both have XP with Google chrome). I tried incognito and well as the normal Chrome. While the "notify the administrator" section is being solved, can you test that the link is valid under post 37, "Supplemental Guide To DL-650 Valve Adjustment, (Thanks "Whistler" and "Greywolf")" link address http://www.stromtrooper.com/maintenance-how/50552-supplemental-guide-dl-650-valve-adjustment-thanks-whistler-greywolf.html?
This is the thread link that I originally wanted to report, before discoving that I had a problem with the administrator link.
I did take few screen dumps of the notify the administrator link problem that I'm having. They are in pdf format and are too big to post here. Thanx for your support in attempting to resolve this technical glitch that I'm having.
When I click on the link mentioned above it has a problem for me too. I get the following screen:

If I click on "administrator", I do get the proper screen for reporting. Running Windows 7 Pro (64) and IE 11. And I get the same results with Firefox 40.0.3.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The link in question is the post titled Supplemental Guide To DL-650 Valve Adjustment, (Thanks "Whistler" and "Greywolf").
stromtrooper.com/maintenance-how/50552-supplemental-guide-dl-650-valve-adjustment-thanks-whistler-greywolf.html

It's broken every place on the site that links to it. Post #37 in this thread:stromtrooper.com/maintenance-how/27756-dl650-valve-adjustment-notes-tips-4.html
Post #5 in this thread:stromtrooper.com/maintenance-tech-farkles/70308-valve-checks-do-you-do-them-every-14-5k-miles.html
Post #2 in this thread:stromtrooper.com/v-strom-service-maintenance-questions-discussions/60840-valve-inspection.html

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Hey guys,
I am not getting an error from any of those links. If anyone hasn't tried Chrome yet, can you please give that a try?

Marie
I just tried Chrome and I get the same error there as with IE and Firefox.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Marie, can you post the actual URL you end up on when clicking on a link to stromtrooper.com/maintenance-how/50552-supplemental-guide-dl-650-valve-adjustment-thanks-whistler-greywolf.html

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
Hey guys,

I have am able to click on that link with no worries even when I am not logged in. What kind of device and even skin option are you all using, that also can help us resolve this mystery.

Thank you so much :)

~ GP community support

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Hey guys,

I have am able to click on that link with no worries even when I am not logged in. What kind of device and even skin option are you all using, that also can help us resolve this mystery.

Thank you so much :)

~ GP community support
I am using a desktop PC running Windows 7 Pro (64 bit). I have tried with Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 40, Chrome 46, and Safari 5.1.7. All with the same result (invalid thread ...) whether logged in or not. I have tried the "full" skin and "classic" skin; same results.

I also run Ghostery and AdBlock in IE and Firefox and have tested with both disabled with the same results.

If you need additional information and want a specific test run, holler.

I also have an Win XP PC and a Win 8.1 PC but haven't tested on those, maybe if I get some time later today.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, still no luck even using a Windows 7 desktop via Internet Explorer 10, I'm still getting the error. I have even tried the path as a guest and it also fails. See post #9 and #15 of this thread.
As suggested by Moe, anyone who has managed to get though to the link in question, can you kindly post the actual URL you end up on when clicking on a link to stromtrooper.com/maintenance-how/50552-supplemental-guide-dl-650-valve-adjustment-thanks-whistler-greywolf.html, so that I compare if there is any difference in the URL.
Thanx to everyone for taking the time, to help find a solution.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Additional, this evening I tried on an XP PC and Windows 8.1 tablet. Tried both with and without logging in and it made no difference.

Desktop PC running Windows XP with Service Pack 3, Internet Explorer 8, and Firefox 41. Full and Classic skins. Same results, invalid thread message.

Tablet PC running Windows 8.1 (32 bit) and Internet Explorer 11. Full and Classic skins. Same results, invalid thread message.

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts