StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could be a shot in the dark, but I thought I would give it a try. I've decided to kick my summer off by treating myself to a new set of Oxford Heaterz grips. (In true WTY fashion, it's just how I roll). Problem is, the only set available locally has the old style knob controller and the dealer wants $130.00. That's off the chart, even for Canada.

The online retailers who list them are all out of stock, probably at least until the fall.

I was wondering whether anyone has been through their local dealer or MC accessory store and has noticed any on the shelf. I'm looking for the type with the LED controller.

If so just let me know who has them and their price if possible. I'll contact them and try to entice them to ship them up here.

Thanks all.

·
Administrator
16,596 Posts
Maybe one of us troopers here in Central Ohio, can get you some from the Iron Pony.......how much would you figure for shipping?

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe one of us troopers here in Central Ohio, can get you some from the Iron Pony.......how much would you figure for shipping?
I called them B. A guy named Tim said they were all out. He said they had been on or near the parts counter, but were no more until fall at least. I wonder whether there may have been some elsewhere in the store.

I appreciate your offer though. I think your thread started a rush on these things.

·
Administrator
16,596 Posts
I called them B. A guy named Tim said they were all out. He said they had been on or near the parts counter, but were no more until fall at least. I wonder whether there may have been some elsewhere in the store.

I appreciate your offer though. I think your thread started a rush on these things.

I'll keep looking elsewhere for you.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
There's an ebay store where I got mine for $35+10 shipped. They don't say they sell to Canada, but you might ask them if they will for a small fee....might be worth your time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-UNIVERSAL-OXFORD-HEATED-GRIPS-C50-VL800-VL-800_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ35580QQihZ024QQitemZ370044199891
Thanks Swingset. I had seen that ad previously. Those grips are for a 1" bar. Helluva price though. The fact that they or anyone won't ship to Canada isn't a dealbreaker. I have family in New York State who occasionally "assist" me with my on-line contraband. It's definitely easier direct to Canada though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I got mine from eBay for $60 CDN, including shipping. The vendor (recommended) is Rusty Riders:

http://stores.ebay.com/Rusty-Riders-LLC

They don't seem to have any in stock at the moment; it might be worth making an inquiry.

The packaging of mine shows the old rotary controller, but it had the new style controller inside.

·
Registered
58 Posts
heaterz

lockitt gear has some oxford grips, not many others seem to, I am currently debating whether this is the solution for me, or a set of hand guards.
anyone with an experienced preference, I would appreciate your input greatly

heres a link http://www.lockitt.com/AccessoriesGrips3.htm#oxhg

·
Administrator
16,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stromtroopers come through. Thanks for your replies, and a big thanks to Beserker for selling me a set.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts