StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of installing new SW-Motech crash bars on my '06 Wee. I can not loosen the engine mount bolt, do I need pneumatic tools for this? Is there something I need to do prior to loosening this bolt? Is the engine going to come crashing down once I pull the bolt out? I have some Tim "the toolman" Taylor tendencies when I try to do something myself. Could someone please give me some advice. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That bolt took quite a bit of force to remove on my '07. You may need to arrange your wrench so that you can put your weight into turning it, or hire a gorilla ;). Don't worry about the engine moving--it won't go anywhere while you have the bolt out. Good luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Stromas, have you tried a "cheater bar"? It's nothing more than a length of metal pipe that slips over the wrench handle and gives you more leverage.

W.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The left side needs to be held with one wrench while the nut on the right side is loosened. I found it to be an easy two pipe job.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am in the middle of installing new SW-Motech crash bars on my '06 Wee. I can not loosen the engine mount bolt, do I need pneumatic tools for this? Is there something I need to do prior to loosening this bolt? Is the engine going to come crashing down once I pull the bolt out? I have some Tim "the toolman" Taylor tendencies when I try to do something myself. Could someone please give me some advice. Thanks a bunch.
It is strange that some people have trouble with this while others do not. I just put the same on my 1000K6. Mine came right off. Use a cheater bar or bigger wrench.

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
I got it right off with 2 ratchets, one on either side, both with cheater bars. Straddled the bike and operated the ratchets from that position.

·
Registered
206 Posts
No probs when i did mine but i turn wrenches for a living and am pretty large too boot so maybe that helped. I used two standard mastercraft 1/2 drive ratchets and off they came.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts