StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help would be appreciated in identifying this rubber block found on the shop floor after I did extensive maintenance on my 2012 DL 650 which included tank and fairing removal. Looks like it had adhesive on one side. Not sure I want to know since it is now reassembled.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Looks like a quarter, LOL!
I think It might be a cushion for the seat pan. My '17 has four of them glued on and look to be the same size. Pull the seat off and have a look. I've never pulled off my fuel tank, but according to the schematic, there appear to be two cushions, one on each side on the underside of the tank, although they appear to be smaller in the drawing.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Possibly seat pan bumper.

Might also be a bumper from one of the side panel plastics. I have a vague recollection I had one fall off on my '15 650 some time ago. Check the underside of the black side plastics nearish where they connect with the tank plastics. Bet you have one of these on one side, but not the other (unless they've both fallen off).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Possibly seat pan bumper.

Might also be a bumper from one of the side panel plastics. I have a vague recollection I had one fall off on my '15 650 some time ago. Check the underside of the black side plastics nearish where they connect with the tank plastics. Bet you have one of these on one side, but not the other (unless they've both fallen off).
Thirdofthree, you are the winner! It was from the underside of the right black plastic side panel near the bolt that connects it to the gas tank. Thanks all for responding and thank goodness I don’t have to remove the gas tank!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts