• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have '16 Strom 650 and want to upgrade exhaust.
There are 3 choices available (not in particular order)

1. Yoshimura
2. Two Bros
3. Scorpion

There are other brands but Im thinking about those 3. Can you provide feedback (if you're familiar with particular brand) and advise which one would you recommend.

Thanks a lot and ride safe!

Yev

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Hi guys,

1. Yoshimura
2. Two Bros
3. Scorpion

There are other brands but Im thinking about those 3. Can you provide feedback (if you're familiar with particular brand) and advise which one would you recommend.

Yev

Where's the vote for leave the muffler stock?

The only thing an aftermarket muffler will do for the bike is make it louder (OK and a bit lighter).

Loud bikes are bad for the sport, leave it stock. :thumbup:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Muffler

Hi,

Personally, I preferred the quiet sound of the stock pipes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where's the vote for leave the muffler stock?

The only thing an aftermarket muffler will do for the bike is make it louder (OK and a bit lighter).

Loud bikes are bad for the sport, leave it stock.
5kg lighter :) I'm happy enough with the stock pipe but that weight saving sure would be nice!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
I really like my Yoshi 3/4 exhaust. It's not as loud as a stock hd, has that deep Ducati tone, and looks great. I did need to trim the back end of the big Altrider skid plate to fit around the lower pipe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
I forget where I saw this, but apparently pipes marked with E4 are built to the new Euro noise standard, which means they will change the tone of the bike, but not necessarily make it much louder. So for anyone who's concerned with installing too loud of a pipe or being a good ambassador of "the sport", that's always an option.

I'm in the same boat. I don't really want to make my bike a whole lot louder, but I would like to get a deeper rumble. The weenie sound of the stock pipe is a bit annoying.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi guys,

1. Yoshimura

2. Two Bros

3. Scorpion

Yev

Gotta love getting the “you’re dumb for thinking about changing the exhaust” response.

I hope you buy a yoshi or two brothers and it’s ridiculously loud and you love it. Ride on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Go with your ear....heart....and wallet of course!

I'd tell you what the Delkevic is like when I install it, however I'm down with the flu and the forecast is calling for over a foot of snow on the weekend. Bloody hell!

Sp56

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
...I hope you buy a yoshi or two brothers and it’s ridiculously loud and you love it. Ride on...

:thumbdown:

Yea that will win hearts and minds.

·
Registered
320 Posts
:thumbdown:

Yea that will win hearts and minds.
I am not sure what kind of an authority on motorcycle pipes you think you are, but you've made your opinion known across a multitude of threads, we know where you stand. You're not winning any hearts and minds here in a thread asking for advice between aftermarket pipes either. So do us all a favor and contribute your invaluable input in threads that asks for it.

Thanks! :kiss:

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I am not sure what kind of an authority on motorcycle pipes you think you are, but you've made your opinion known across a multitude of threads, we know where you stand. You're not winning any hearts and minds here in a thread asking for advice between aftermarket pipes either. So do us all a favor and contribute your invaluable input in threads that asks for it.

Thanks! :kiss:

First time on the internet? :grin2:

Well aftermarket pipes keep coming up so I'm going to contribute my invaluable input, thanks.

The hearts and minds I speak of are the 98% of drivers that aren't on motorcycles. They don't want to hear your bike. Times have changed Buttercup :kiss:

·
Registered
320 Posts
First time on the internet? :grin2:

Well aftermarket pipes keep coming up so I'm going to contribute my invaluable input, thanks.

The hearts and minds I speak of are the 98% of drivers that aren't on motorcycles. They don't want to hear your bike. Times have changed Buttercup :kiss:
Sounds like you just admitted to being an internet troll...?!

On this subject, your input is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle, especially when it's backed by hard data like "98% of drivers...". I'm sure that was calculated by a Princeton professor. Right?

You have an opinion which you like to constantly reiterate, and so I will state mine: Your opinion here is useless and annoying and does nothing for anyone in any thread you've posted it. And if you keep posting your blasphemy, I will post mine. So be clear on that, sweet peach.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
On this subject, your input is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle, especially when it's backed by hard data like "98% of drivers...". I'm sure that was calculated by a Princeton professor. Right?

You have an opinion which you like to constantly reiterate, and so this time I will state mine: Your opinion is useless and annoying and does nothing for anyone in any thread you've posted it. And if you keep posting your blasphemy, I will post mine. So be clear on that, sweet peach.

Now my opinion is blasphemy huh, sheesh.

You're the one that said I shouldn't post to a thread to express an opinion. That goes beyond "useless and annoying". More like censoring dissent.

Don't like my replies don't read them.

You got a Harley with straight pipes in the garage or what? Seem kind of touchy... :grin2:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Now my opinion is blasphemy huh, sheesh.

You're the one that said I shouldn't post to a thread to express an opinion. That goes beyond "useless and annoying". More like censoring dissent.

Don't like my replies don't read them.

You got a Harley with straight pipes in the garage or what? Seem kind of touchy... :grin2:
Common courtesy would appear to lead one to express a relevant opinion, but at this point neither of us are doing the OP any favors.

And no, I don't have an HD with straight pipes. In fact both of my bikes have OEM Factory exhaust.

Which is why I was hoping to see some input on aftermarket cans, because while I don't want a loud one, I would like to change the tone.

So hopefully we can get this back on track...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the scorpion and love it. With both baffles in, it is not much louder than stock, but sounds much better. I left one out and it still not what I would consider loud. I really like the sound. It seems to clear most everything the stock can does in terms of accessories.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
My Arrow on my DL1000 is not very loud and I'm sure that it doesnt really offend anyone. Matter of fact I have heard lots of V-Stroms with pipes and MOST of them are just a nice mellow sound. Now, my Gen I DL1000's with aftermarket duals were pretty loud. But all the single exhaust muffs seem to be pretty quiet. To each his own. I recall when LOTS of people were offended by Japanese cars in the 60's...... harley guys are offended by rice burners . I get offended by loud rap music and straight pipe Harleys constantly revving at traffic lights , but the guy in the car next to me might actually like it.
And don't forget....He who asks for opinions on a forum IS DAMN SURE GONNA GET 'EM ! Lots of us hit the "like" button just to keep the scrap going !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts