StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems many of the various nuts and bolts on the Strom are prone to rusting easily. I guess its one of the ways that Suzuki keeps the price down. Has anyone ever made a list of the various bolt sizes, and found suppliers to replace with well plated versions?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cheap do-it-yourself fix

I haven't seen that problem on my 2005 DL650 yet, but have had similar problems with other hardware on vehicles/bicycles. The solution I came up with (partially since I already had the stuff in my garage) was to use Brownell's oven-baked teflon gun finish. It is a spray on coating that you then bake in your oven to cure. I have used it both on wear areas of firearms and on hardware. I like this option since I can black-out the hardware and preparation only entails cleaning and roughening the part (just protect the threads from over spray). Unfortunately, this only addresses the exposed heads.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Maybe Murph at http://www.murphskits.com/ could be tempted. He makes something that sounds similar for the Concours and has branched out into supporting the Strom community with other doodads to high praise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts