StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all the plastics and tank off (I've done a TPS replacement and I've fitted new iridium sparkplugs), what else should I do whilst I have access? The bike has 37,000km on the clock.

I didn't even have to adjust the new TPS, it came up with -C00 when I turned on the ignition.

Apart from the oil and filter change (and fork rebuild) I did nearly 5,000km ago, I don't know what services it has had. Coolant was changed then, too (as I had to have the radiator repaired).

Yes, I will do an oil and filter change.

The air filter was done not long back but I had a look in the airbox anyway.

As an aside, the replacement TPS doesn't come with the O-ring so if you are doing this job, order the O-ring, too (or save the old one). The TPS was changed owing to the fact the bike would shut down while riding.

I couldn't find the standard plugs in my local autoparts stores so had to go to the dealer. When he told me the price for standard plugs I almost fainted — I am used to the price for plugs for my car.

The standard plugs were A$13 each while iridium plugs were A$22.

I decided iridium were the better buy. Oddly enough, the dealer's price on iridium was the same as the autoparts stores.

When changing the plugs I noted that the front plug behind the radiator had been leaking. Maybe it hadn't been tightened fully.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
When changing the plugs I noted that the front plug behind the radiator had been leaking. Maybe it hadn't been tightened fully.
I have found this to be common. After doing a plug change, I feel it is important to go back and retighten the sparkplugs after a short period of riding.

I have changed my plugs before, tightened them down good, then gone back to check them, and have found, one or two, (of the four I have), loose.

B.L.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. Thanks BL

P.S. Our black lab, Miss Reni's Tumblr , went back to Guide Dogs on Thursday. I miss her being underfoot or her nose in the back of my knee as I walk around. I don't miss her stealing tools and/or parts and running off to hide them under my old Land Rover. I don't know what I'll find when I eventually move it.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Interesting. Thanks BL

P.S. Our black lab, Miss Reni's Tumblr , went back to Guide Dogs on Thursday. I miss her being underfoot or her nose in the back of my knee as I walk around. I don't miss her stealing tools and/or parts and running off to hide them under my old Land Rover. I don't know what I'll find when I eventually move it.
Great photos!

When Reuben was a puppy, I learned that when I was working with tools, (fixing a car, or such.), I had to jam tools into the dirt. I would go looking for a screwdriver that I JUST HAD, and it had disappeared! I discovered, if I jammed the blade of the screwdriver into the dirt, Reuben would leave it alone.

Largely, he just sleeps on the sofa now.

Or, on my bed........

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Largely, he just sleeps on the sofa now.

Or, on my bed........

Lucky bugger! :green_lol:

I wish I'd thought of the sticking the tool in the ground technique.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts