StromTrooper banner

Plastic sidecases OEM for 650 xt 2017-2022

1395 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  mgb44
I have bought some sidecases used off of the Market Place. The right sidecase works like a charm. The left side locking mechanism will not work. The handle will not completely go down flat which prevents sidecase from being securely latched to bike. Does anybody have any experience with this type of problem with their sidecases. It seems to be some obstruction that will not let the handle properly close. Trying to take it apart, there seems to be pop rivets that hold all of guts of the case. I am afraid to drill out the rivets and have parts go everywhere. I have tried to close with latch open, closeded and with key or without key. No luck! My Suzuki dealer does not know how to repair. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Trunk Netbook

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Trunk Netbook

Reply Quote

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Write your reply...
Remove formatting

BoldItalicUnderline

Text colorFont size

AttachmentInsert linkInsert imageGallery embedSmiliesInsert

AlignmentListInsert table

UndoRedo

DraftsToggle BB code

PreviewPost reply

• VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada

• The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,680 Posts
Your photo shows the key latch is in the locked position. The key must be in line (horizontal) to the opening in order to allow the tab under the latch and at the bottom to pass into their slots. The handle must also be down, like you have.
They are a little fiddly at times. When loading items, make sure that sacks, drawstrings, and the lid's cord are not pinched. If it is pinched between the case and the cover, the latches will not close. Look to see that the cover is fully overlapping the case around its perimeter when closing.
Office equipment Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Gun accessory
Yellow Motor vehicle Fixture Automotive design Vehicle

1 - 1 of 1 Posts